Dyson vacuums.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,364.00
We just put 800sqft of vinyl flooring down and can't believe how much dust collects. Anyone have one? Any recommendations?

I think my wife uses Swiffer or something.

I think it come's in different head sizes, maybe get a large.
It only takes a couple of minutes, and it's light, and no cord.

We just put 800sqft of vinyl flooring down and can't believe how much dust collects. Anyone have one? Any recommendations?
I've had the Dyson "Animal" which is recommended for hard floors for about 3 years. I like the versatility and simplicity of the cordless unit and a quick pass with the swiffer thingie afterwards makes clean up too easy.

I've had the Dyson "Animal" which is recommended for hard floors for about 3 years. I like the versatility and simplicity of the cordless unit and a quick pass with the swiffer thingie afterwards makes clean up too easy.

So your pretty satisfied with it? No issues?

I got a Dyson Ball compact Animal several years ago.
It was more than I wanted to spend on a new vacuum, but I'm really glad I did.
It goes from one surface to another (hardwood, to tile, to carpet) without missing a beat, maneuvers so easily, and you can use the main unit for most areas, then the hose for the perimeters.
I was astounded by how much it picks up.
My only complaint is when emptying the cylinder, sometimes a bit of dust kicks up.
If I bought another one, I'd get the full size, just so I don't have to empty the cylinder as often.

EDIT: Just saw Rex's post. Pretty much what he said, but mine isn't cordless.

I got a Dyson Ball compact Animal several years ago.
It was more than I wanted to spend on a new vacuum, but I'm really glad I did.
It goes from one surface to another (hardwood, to tile, to carpet) without missing a beat, maneuvers so easily, and you can use the main unit for most areas, then the hose for the perimeters.
I was astounded by how much it picks up.
My only complaint is when emptying the cylinder, sometimes a bit of dust kicks up.
If I bought another one, I'd get the full size, just so I don't have to empty the cylinder as often.

EDIT: Just saw Rex's post. Pretty much what he said, but mine isn't cordless.

Thanks, I'm thinking cordless maybe more convenient for my kids

So your pretty satisfied with it? No issues?
I am. The OE battery shit the bed right at about 3 years and put a $25 aftermarket replacement unit (OE battery replacement were 3 times that) on it in 2 minutes and I'm hoping to get a couple years out of that one. It has outstanding suction for such a small motor and that's coming from a contractor that has 3 different shop vacs that suck almost as hard as @Handicappers.

Thanks, I'm thinking cordless maybe more convenient for my kids
If you're counting on your kids to vacuum or not destroy your vacuum if you force them to, you've already lost :dhd:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Ours breaks, a lot.

They pick it up, fix it, send it back. On their dime, but it’s frustrating.

We have no carpet in the house, just tile and hardwood floors.

Bought a Shark for doing the work the first time the Dyson went down. I just use that now.

Get a robotic vacuum that will run while you're at work. We got a Eufy that was about $250 but it makes a huge difference.

My wife runs it a couple days a week and rarely pulls out the other vac. I was skeptical but worth every dime.

Ours breaks, a lot.

Bought a Shark for doing the work the first time the Dyson went down. I just use that now.
Dyson vacs are shit but honestly most of them are.

I got the Dyson V10 a few months ago and like it.

Ours breaks, a lot.

Jesus Christ that sounds like a pain in the ass.

The wife went and bought the Dyson V8, ran about $399. Seems like it does a good job so far but its only been a couple hours.

Get a robotic vacuum that will run while you're at work. We got a Eufy that was about $250 but it makes a huge difference.

My wife runs it a couple days a week and rarely pulls out the other vac. I was skeptical but worth every dime.
We spent about the same on a Shark robot vacuum. I feel like if we really went for the higher end models it would be better. This one does fine at getting hand vacuums down to once a week, so that’s helpful. It also just bounces around in no random order.

But she also uses her vaccum about every 3rd time, and I think it's a "Shark" or some shit.

We have a shark for around the cat litter box.

We have one of those Roomba robot ones too, total shit. Stopped working 3 months after we bought it. Just sits in one spot.

Had a built in one in a previous house and hated pulling the long hose around.

none work as well as our good old Electrolux.

Not a Dyson, but I have a Shark Navigator that seems to work pretty well. Kind of a similar "complaint" as Cali Cat. Emptying it can get a little dusty.

I used to use a roomba, then vacuum once in a while, but haven't set up the roomba in my new place yet. Finally going to get around to doing that this weekend, I think.

We spent about the same on a Shark robot vacuum. I feel like if we really went for the higher end models it would be better. This one does fine at getting hand vacuums down to once a week, so that’s helpful. It also just bounces around in no random order.
Honestly all the vacuums you buy in retail places are crap and if used often don't have a very long life. You can buy an Oreck commercial grade vacuum that will last but even then you are going to need to take it in every couple of years for a tune up.

That's why we have gone to almost 100% engineered wood flooring and just let a robotvac run a couple of times a week. Bona once every two weeks and your good to go.

Washers and dryers are crap today also with about a 5 year life span so we got commercial grade Speed Queens like they use in laundry mats and those things are beast. Worth every penny.