Eagles, Packers to Play in Stadium Where Green Is Banned

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00

Because of their fierce rivalry with fellow Brazilian soccer club Palmeiras, Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, which is worn by their arch-nemesis.

Players and fans are forbidden from wearing green, with former Corinthians striker Jo even fined by the club in 2021 for donning green soccer cleats.

Fans have spotted signs up at the arena which state that the color is “expressly forbidden.”

The NFL thought with their bank account before their brains? Well, color me shocked!

Guess it will be all white "international connect" jerseys for one team and all black for another. Eagles in black with white letters and packers in white with gold lettering.

The NFL likes messing around with alternate and throwback jerseys. Nike is controlling official uniforms these days.

Those things considered, we'll probably see the Packers in highlighter-yellow and the Eagles in shiny-metallic-silver for that game.

The NFL likes messing around with alternate and throwback jerseys. Nike is controlling official uniforms these days.

Those things considered, we'll probably see the Packers in highlighter-yellow and the Eagles in shiny-metallic-silver for that game.

Throwback to the steagle days

Packers borrowing Steelers unis?

The NFL thought with their bank account before their brains? Well, color me shocked!

Guess it will be all white "international connect" jerseys for one team and all black for another. Eagles in black with white letters and packers in white with gold lettering.
I get trying it in Brazil, it's a huge potential market, and there are NFL fans there, but if they're going to play in Sao Paolo, why not play in Palmeiras stadium? Green wouldn't be a problem, and it's a much nicer stadium IMO.
f3e40801bdcb5f55ed8eb3b21db76e21.jpg

Plus, it's in a much nicer area, Corinthians stadium is basically in the ghetto. Also, with a huge history of corruption, I'm sure Brazilian officials didn't mention the whole "green issue" to the NFL until after the fact and everything was signed.

but the grass is green...

I envision both the Packers and Eagles looking more like Oregon Ducks for that game.
Not a big change for Packers. Gold pants, white jersey. Just change the lettering and highlights to black

A couple of the Packers' throwbacks have no green.

A couple of the Packers' throwbacks have no green.
1930s unis for the Eagles would solve this, too.

3a5a82a259c177a3cddc3a439933deba7e9fc5ecced3bef85be41c6f3aace722.jpg

Guaranteed that Nike would still fuck this up.

I get trying it in Brazil, it's a huge potential market, and there are NFL fans there, but if they're going to play in Sao Paolo, why not play in Palmeiras stadium? Green wouldn't be a problem, and it's a much nicer stadium IMO.
View attachment 118745

Plus, it's in a much nicer area, Corinthians stadium is basically in the ghetto. Also, with a huge history of corruption, I'm sure Brazilian officials didn't mention the whole "green issue" to the NFL until after the fact and everything was signed.

View attachment 118745

Because, naturally and ironically, green.

$$$$

Corinthians stadium has a higher base capacity (47K vs 43K) and has been scaled up to 65K seats for the World Cup in 2014.