Earth's Orbit Around The Sun

Fog

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 17,000.00
If it takes 365.256 days to go around the sun each year the Earth would travel further and further around the Sun each year and it would take 9344 years to get back the same exact point on the same exact time and date.

1280px-North_season.jpg

Apsidal precession​

On a very long time scale, the dates of the perihelion and of the aphelion progress through the seasons, and they make one complete cycle in 22,000 to 26,000 years.

Precessing_Kepler_orbit_280frames_e0.6_smaller.gif

Apsidal precession​

On a very long time scale, the dates of the perihelion and of the aphelion progress through the seasons, and they make one complete cycle in 22,000 to 26,000 years.

Precessing_Kepler_orbit_280frames_e0.6_smaller.gif
I guess maybe this is for illustration (and I understand what you’re speaking about here), but the suns placement is just bothering me more than it should in this illustration.

I guess maybe this is for illustration (and I understand what you’re speaking about here), but the suns placement is just bothering me more than it should in this illustration.
The difference from furthest point to closest is a little more than 3% I believe.

That wouldn’t show very well in the mock up.

If the illustration was a full cycle (22,000 to 26,000 years) then the Sun would be in the center rather than being offset if that's what your after.

The difference from furthest point to closest is a little more than 3% I believe.

That wouldn’t show very well in the mock up.

If the illustration was a full cycle (22,000 to 26,000 years) then the Sun would be in the center rather than being offset if that's what your after.
Im not after anything. I get why the illustration was how it was. I was just observing how something off in me could not stop staring back at the sun….thinking “3 months would be really intense heat waves”. :rolleyes2:

So when the Earth is furthest away from the Sun during the winter we in theory would see much cooler temps than when Earth is closest to the Sun in the winter. If this cycle takes 22,000 to 26,000 years to complete where are we in this cycle?

Remember we compensate our calendar year with a leap year.

So when the Earth is furthest away from the Sun during the winter we in theory would see much cooler temps than when Earth is closest to the Sun in the winter. If this cycle takes 22,000 to 26,000 years to complete where are we in this cycle?

Remember we compensate our calendar year with a leap year.
Ask the Mayans

Wait, the earth ORBITS the sun???

When did they start claiming this??

• Funny!
Reactions: Me
If it takes 365.256 days to go around the sun each year the Earth would travel further and further around the Sun each year and it would take 9344 years to get back the same exact point on the same exact time and date.

1280px-North_season.jpg
@Bayou Tiger, this crackpot isn't even mentioning the moon. Verdict?

@Bayou Tiger, this crackpot isn't even mentioning the moon. Verdict?

I stopped paying attention once I realized he didn't mention it was the 23.5 degree tilt of the planet relative to our orbital plane, that gives us seasons and not the distance from the Sun.

Lemme check with Kyrie Erving.

Kyrie's finally given up his flat Earth crusade. He's on to something different. He's convinced that the Lost City of Atlantis is located within the Bermuda Triangle. He's putting together a team of explorers to find the place next month.

Kyrie's finally given up his flat Earth crusade. He's on to something different. He's convinced that the Lost City of Atlantis is located within the Bermuda Triangle. He's putting together a team of explorers to find the place next month.
Let Me Think Idk GIF by SWR3

I stopped paying attention once I realized he didn't mention it was the 23.5 degree tilt of the planet relative to our orbital plane, that gives us seasons and not the distance from the Sun.
What!??! You mean the sun effects our climate? I thought it was SUVs and cow farts. At least that's what they say.