Poll Easier To Confuse?

Which Money Is Easier To Confuse?

• A Susan B Anthony Dollar and a Quarter?

• A $50 Bill and a $20 Bill

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 14,312.00
Last night I gave the bartender a $50 thinking it was a $20. She confused it too and brought me back change for a $20. A buddy sitting next to me at the table said "Didn't you give her a $50?"
I remembered I had two $50 bills when the night started so I checked the money in my pocket and sure enough there was only one $50. I asked the bartender "Did I give you a $50?"
She shrugged a 'not sure', went over to the register, and sure enough she'd put the $50 bill in the $20's slot. She was embarrassed and extremely apologetic, but I assured her that I myself thought it was a $20 bill until my buddy pointed it out it was a $50.

I don't know that I've ever confused a Susan B Anthony and a quarter. If I did it's just $.75 and something I wouldn't have noticed.

1703478403394.png

1703478436137.png

Last night I gave the bartender a $50 thinking it was a $20. She confused it too and brought me back change for a $20. A buddy sitting next to me at the table said "Didn't you give her a $50?"
I remembered I had two $50 bills when the night started so I checked the money in my pocket and sure enough there was only one $50. I asked the bartender "Did I give you a $50?"
She shrugged a 'not sure', went over to the register, and sure enough she'd put the $50 bill in the $20's slot. She was embarrassed and extremely apologetic, but I assured her that I myself thought it was a $20 bill until my buddy pointed it out it was a $50.

I don't know that I've ever confused a Susan B Anthony and a quarter. If I did it's just $.75 and something I wouldn't have noticed.

View attachment 113725

View attachment 113726
Never had a Susan B. dollar coin, so never had that conflict.

But I have a pretty good memory, even when drinking, that with the 50s & 100s I look at the last 4 digits on the bill and if there becomes a "right change" issue, I can tell them to look again for the bill with those last 4 digits.

It's worked many a time when that's happened. :biggrin:

Was bar wench hot and stupid? Or just stupid?