TV Series Echo

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
Daredevil / Hawkeye spinoff Echo, about Maya Lopez, the superheroine known as Echo who has Taskmaster-like powers, is coming to Disney+! Logo:

k8ol7tg117z71.jpg

Marvel just announced release date as Wednesday, November 29, 2023.

The fact that they are releasing the whole season/series all at one time shows that they have low expectations, IMO.

Trailer:

Last edited:
Watched it all last night…

My primary complaint is the subtitles. It is very difficult to watch light fare such as a MCU show while having to read the dialogue. Something as low calorie as this requires that I be doing something else while “watching”. And having captions while characters are speaking ASL makes the story hard to follow. Not that the story was in any way complicated enough to really require following the dialogue.

It was 1000x better than She-Hulk, but that isn’t saying much. The fight choreography was dull. Not as bad as Jessica Jones (the choreography for her was atrocious), but not nearly as good as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Cage. Those shows had truly superior fight choreography. This was clearly slowed by the physical limitations of the lead, but did OK for what it was, I guess.

While this was yet another “I am woman, hear me roar” masterbatorie piece by the MCU, the fem-power was actually integral to the story, and I didn’t feel like it was shoe-horned in just for the sake of making sure everyone knew just how pro-women the producers were. It actually belonged in the story they were choosing to tell.

Overall, it was somewhat toothless, but not as bad as much of the recent garbage Disney has been kicking out under the MCU banner. That isn’t intended to be as much of a compliment as it sounds. I would give it a 6/10 as I sit right now. Good enough to not get pissed about, but probably not good enough to ever feel the need to watch again.

Watched it all last night…

My primary complaint is the subtitles. It is very difficult to watch light fare such as a MCU show while having to read the dialogue. Something as low calorie as this requires that I be doing something else while “watching”. And having captions while characters are speaking ASL makes the story hard to follow. Not that the story was in any way complicated enough to really require following the dialogue.

It was 1000x better than She-Hulk, but that isn’t saying much. The fight choreography was dull. Not as bad as Jessica Jones (the choreography for her was atrocious), but not nearly as good as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Cage. Those shows had truly superior fight choreography. This was clearly slowed by the physical limitations of the lead, but did OK for what it was, I guess.

While this was yet another “I am woman, hear me roar” masterbatorie piece by the MCU, the fem-power was actually integral to the story, and I didn’t feel like it was shoe-horned in just for the sake of making sure everyone knew just how pro-women the producers were. It actually belonged in the story they were choosing to tell.

Overall, it was somewhat toothless, but not as bad as much of the recent garbage Disney has been kicking out under the MCU banner. That isn’t intended to be as much of a compliment as it sounds. I would give it a 6/10 as I sit right now. Good enough to not get pissed about, but probably not good enough to ever feel the need to watch again.
I have to be honest I’m pretty much burned out on one punch knockouts and 10 minute fight scenes. I’ve started to fast forward through some of the fights because most times they are pointless.

I thought Terminal List did the best job of realistic action of anything I’ve seen in awhile.

i see the marvels is available to buy. i haven't watched any disney plus marvel shit in a while, what do i need to know about any character or plot i'm unfamiliar with?

based off of their recent movies, i'd say nothing, yes?

i see the marvels is available to buy. i haven't watched any disney plus marvel shit in a while, what do i need to know about any character or plot i'm unfamiliar with?

based off of their recent movies, i'd say nothing, yes?
I haven’t seen Marvels yet, but…

You should probably watch the D+ series “Ms Marvel”. Also, WandaVision would probably be helpful as well.

I haven’t seen Marvels yet, but…

You should probably watch the D+ series “Ms Marvel”. Also, WandaVision would probably be helpful as well.
is Ms. Marvel the one with the HS girl? I watched the first episode way back when, but figured, no.

is Ms. Marvel the one with the HS girl? I watched the first episode way back when, but figured, no.
She is one of the major characters of the movie. And the end of the series leads right into the movie.

Tried to watch it, made it 10 minutes into the 2nd episode and just couldn't do it anymore.

She is one of the major characters of the movie. And the end of the series leads right into the movie.
meh, maybe i'll be done with marvel finally.

i was happy the agents of shield stuff never bled over, but i'm not trying to watch every mid project they put out.

meh, maybe i'll be done with marvel finally.

i was happy the agents of shield stuff never bled over, but i'm not trying to watch every mid project they put out.
Feige recognizes that error now. He has announced a HUGE pull back on the number of screen hours they will be producing each year moving forward.

Feige recognizes that error now. He has announced a HUGE pull back on the number of screen hours they will be producing each year moving forward.

Yep. If they can stop shoving it down our throats and try to just focus on a few they should be able to produce less She Hulk and more Loki

The fact that they are releasing the whole season/series all at one time shows that they have low expectations, IMO.
If their expectations were low, they somehow seemed to still miss them. What an utter time waste of a show. Shit writing, shit plot, and "well we said just 5 episodes so let's end this with no resolution".