ESPN/Sagarin All-Time CBK Rankings (up to 2009)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
Everyone hates Duke. Even the computers.

I bet you had Iowa Top 10, right? Iowa and Minnesota above Sparty?

It's 2023. Why are we looking at all time rankings that only go up to 2009?

Oh look, another pissin' contest with no rhyme or reason.

Illinois? Hell, City College of New York has more national NCAA Titles.

@OlyDuck is vindicated about Arizona

@ericd7633

This is honestly one of the shittiest lists I have ever seen. It's also missing almost 15 years of data at this point. Anything prior to like 1952, needs to be counted differently IMO. These rankings are heavily skewed to the pre-tournament era.

This is honestly one of the shittiest lists I have ever seen. It's also missing almost 15 years of data at this point. Anything prior to like 1952, needs to be counted differently IMO. These rankings are heavily skewed to the pre-tournament era.
pre 1939?

and even if you add that data for Arizona how high do they climb 5 spots? 10? still arent going to be a top 30 all time. def not historic

pre 1939?

No, the tournament expanded from 16 to 24 after 1952, that's a little bit better in terms of determining a champion. Those first years of the tournament, weren't really a tournament and the NIT, was thought of as the better tournament to play in way back when.

and even if you add that data for Arizona how high do they climb 5 spots? 10? still arent going to be a top 30 all time. def not historic

They get dinged because they didn't really even start playing basketball until the mid '20s. That's why this list sucks. It also sucks because there is no way in hell the Gophers are a top 20 team of all time in CBB. Either way they a huge CBB brand and a reason why they would be sought after from a realignment standpoint.

Nova would maybe crack top ten with 2 more nattys since 09
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Yeah, I noticed there were EIGHT teams of their Top 15 from the B1G. So winning Championships wouldn't be a criteria.
Hey, Purdue earned that 8 spot when they got their Natty.

When John Wooden started at gaurd, during the Depression.

Yeah, I noticed there were EIGHT teams of their Top 15 from the B1G. So winning Championships wouldn't be a criteria.
I don't know what the criteria is for the rankings, but it is all-time and not a list who won the most natties.

I don't know what the criteria is for the rankings, but it is all-time and not a list who won the most natties.

All Time Wins? Winning Percentage? Thru 2023 season:

1) Kansas .729%
2) Kentucky .760%
3) North Carolina .733%
4) Duke .712%
5) UCLA .691%
6) Temple .635%
7) Syracuse .672%
8) Notre Dame .642%
9) St. Johns .639%
10) Indiana .634%

Acceptable list. I wonder what the Sagarin algorithm is. I am sure it is more complicated than wins or winning %.

All Time Wins? Winning Percentage? Thru 2023 season:

1) Kansas .729%
2) Kentucky .760%
3) North Carolina .733%
4) Duke .712%
5) UCLA .691%
6) Temple .635%
7) Syracuse .672%
8) Notre Dame .642%
9) St. Johns .639%
10) Indiana .634%
Why is 760 behind 729?