Ever Been Hacked??

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
In February, somehow, someone got into my bank account at 2:09 am. That morning at 7;30 am, I went in to check on my balances and debit clearances and saw that $4600 had been transferred from my savings into my checking. Then this person went into BillPay and paid off his/her Discover card and four credit cards through his/her own bank.

My bank went bullshit because they wondered if there was an open access and if other people had been hit.

I had a couple of questions that seemed to be as important. How or why would a person with the technical knowledge that one must have, hack into "my" accounts? If they can do that, there must be millionaires who have accounts and wouldn't notice the money until the following month and certainly wouldn't miss it. Then I asked how stupid could this person be to pay his/her own credit cards directly from my bank?

Ever had your bank accounts frozen? Ever had your debit card and credit cards frozen? Ever not be able to check balances??

My wife and I are retired. I had to change the direct deposit information for Social Security, VA Benefits, and five pensions. Before i could do that, I had to be given all ne account numbers.

They got the person but won't give me any more information. I got the $4600 back. I just want to cut the fucker's thumbs off.

I think it was someone at the bank. Whoever it is, they ain't the brightest bulb on the tree.

In February, somehow, someone got into my bank account at 2:09 am. That morning at 7;30 am, I went in to check on my balances and debit clearances and saw that $4600 had been transferred from my savings into my checking. Then this person went into BillPay and paid off his/her Discover card and four credit cards through his/her own bank.

My bank went bullshit because they wondered if there was an open access and if other people had been hit.

I had a couple of questions that seemed to be as important. How or why would a person with the technical knowledge that one must have, hack into "my" accounts? If they can do that, there must be millionaires who have accounts and wouldn't notice the money until the following month and certainly wouldn't miss it. Then I asked how stupid could this person be to pay his/her own credit cards directly from my bank?

Ever had your bank accounts frozen? Ever had your debit card and credit cards frozen? Ever not be able to check balances??

My wife and I are retired. I had to change the direct deposit information for Social Security, VA Benefits, and five pensions. Before i could do that, I had to be given all ne account numbers.

They got the person but won't give me any more information. I got the $4600 back. I just want to cut the fucker's thumbs off.

I think it was someone at the bank. Whoever it is, they ain't the brightest bulb on the tree.
10 years ago (give or take a year) I went online to check the balance in my business checking account to see if a payment had cleared. I noticed 3 debits, all for the same amount (around $190 each) made from London, England. Since it was a Sunday night I had to wait until the following morning to to call St. Mary's Bank and talk to their fraud department. The folks at the bank were super helpful and after I told them what I found and answered a few questions they asked me to go to my branch to sign an affidavit within 3 days and since I was living about a 1/4 from from the main branch on MacGregor St at the time I went right down.

That afternoon I got a call from the bank and the rep told me that someone had used my biz debit card info to buy 3 Eurail passes in London and I should have the money back in my acct in 3-5 business days. I had my money the next morning and a new card in a few days.

The problem is that somehow, someone was able to go online and just get straight into my account. I have a very bizarre password and you would also have to know my member number. They think that someone may have seen me using my phone and I was in my account looking at something and they scanned my phone while the account was open. I never open my bank account in a poublic place for just that reason, but I might have been in my car. I'm not a super techie so I have no idea how they got in. I know that they did get whoever owned the Discover card account.

I got the $4600 back almost immediately.

I'd just like to know who they caught. I'd fuck up them up permanently. I'm serious, I'd cut off their thumbs and if they were under 30, their big toes. Try picking up a fork and knife and cutting a steak with one one thumb. Then think how much fun it would be without two. How about handing over your debit card at the Dunkin Donuts window and trying to hold on to that large hot coffee.

Fold your thumb into the palm of your hand and think about the value of that digit.

I had an attempted hack yesterday via my iPhone. A guy identifying himself as from Apple support, informed me that I was being charged $1,000 for a purchase on my credit card at Walmart and he would help me get it removed, etc. He also was aware that I had made a failed money transfer from BAC Zelle app to my broker. I fell for it for a half hour while he opened a case number, emailed it, and had me download two apps from the Apple store - one was AnyDesk which I never heard of but which I later learned is an easy app that supports many recent scams.

Anyway, he later told me that my PC needed a hardware fix because Apple was having a problem with its routers and a failed firewall, and I needed to buy a $1,600 Cisco router and Apple would pay that amount into my account so I in effect could use the money to buy the router, thereby getting it free. It sounded so unreal that I eventually told the guy "this doesn't sound right". He then said I'll call you back. So, obviously this scammer wanted my bank info. Of course the guy never called back.

I called Apple and they immediately confirmed it was all a scam and that the case number was associated with someone else. So, I'm thinking, did this scam originate from BAC and the Russian lady customer service rep who recently helped me with the money transfer? May only be a remote possibility but I'll check into it.