Everything is bigger in........................Oklahoma?

I'm sure there will some observatory tower where they can charge $24.99 for people to go up and overlook farmland
Waste. The Chrysler Building and the Empire St were built basically to bolster the egos of millionaires. They are not necessary especially in a day and age when half the world works "remotely"

Waste. The Chrysler Building and the Empire St were built basically to bolster the egos of millionaires. They are not necessary especially in a day and age when half the world works "remotely"
60 minutes just had a report on the potential crisis stemming from working remote on NYC and other large cities. Lot of the buildings are mostly empty now and leading to another potential debt issue

Not seeing the need for this.

Oklahoma City is the 6th largest City by area in the lower 48, at 640 square miles.
Land is cheap.

Here's the real concern.....................

There is a major fault line that runs right thru OKC.
I grew up living right on top of it. Had a huge hill in my back yard.... yep....that was it.

My best freind who lived next door, his dad was a Geologist.
He said the failt is extremely stable.... however, he said that when it does go, it will be major

1706289136064.png

Not seeing the need for this.

Oklahoma City is the 6th largest City by area in the lower 48, at 640 square miles.
Land is cheap.

Here's the real concern.....................

There is a major fault line that runs right thru OKC.
I grew up living right on top of it. Had a huge hill in my back yard.... yep....that was it.

My best freind who lived next door, his dad was a Geologist.
He said the failt is extremely stable.... however, he said that when it does go, it will be major

View attachment 115351

:shocked:

60 minutes just had a report on the potential crisis stemming from working remote on NYC and other large cities. Lot of the buildings are mostly empty now and leading to another potential debt issue
"The Great Contraction"

^ A theory I concocted after buying my first home, a brand new construction which was out in the sticks.

The days of sprawl are coming to an end here, mostly due to the Salad Days being moved to China and elsewhere.

Suburbia was a byproduct of our affluence, which is harder to come by these days.

People in areas of great suburban expansion will start have already started concentrating more in metropolitan zones due to financial savings, scarcity and/or expense of fossil fuels, building materials, etc.

Soylent Green is made of ppl and shit...you know.

"The Great Contraction"

^ A theory I concocted after buying my first home, a brand new construction which was out in the sticks.

The days of sprawl are coming to an end here, mostly due to the Salad Days being moved to China and elsewhere.

Suburbia was a byproduct of our affluence, which is harder to come by these days.

People in areas of great suburban expansion will start have already started concentrating more in metropolitan zones due to financial savings, scarcity and/or expense of fossil fuels, building materials, etc.

Soylent Green is made of ppl and shit...you know.

I'm back and forth on this crap all the time.

the one thing that we are good at is adjusting and that could be because of capitalism.

100 years ago, most people worked in steel mills, farms, and mining...

as those jobs started decreasing we've changed up and gone more officey and more white collar.

these jobs are now shifting to India/China and so forth (i had to lay someone off last year as her job was shifted to India - before the end of her term - she was able to accept another position within the company. now 7 months later - she is being laid off again) - we will find some way else to make money.

i have no idea what jobs will look like in 50 years but it won't resemble today's society.

Oklahoma has joined the SEC, trading perineal success for a fatter revenue stream. A skyscraper isn’t going to fix a future of mid-conference mediocrity.

Oklahoma has joined the SEC, trading perineal success for a fatter revenue stream. A skyscraper isn’t going to fix a future of mid-conference mediocrity.
You are 3-1 vs Oklahoma
That win came 85 years ago

You are 3-1 vs Oklahoma
That win came 85 years ago
You’re turned around, there, Okie. Lifetime, Tennessee football is 1-3 vs Oklahoma. That’s OK. You’re all flustered over the future skyline. We understand.

My wife's company was in downtown Cleveland. They went largely remote and were left with a huge underutilized building. I think there is going to be a lot more urban blight

I'm back and forth on this crap all the time.

the one thing that we are good at is adjusting and that could be because of capitalism.

100 years ago, most people worked in steel mills, farms, and mining...

as those jobs started decreasing we've changed up and gone more officey and more white collar.

these jobs are now shifting to India/China and so forth (i had to lay someone off last year as her job was shifted to India - before the end of her term - she was able to accept another position within the company. now 7 months later - she is being laid off again) - we will find some way else to make money.

i have no idea what jobs will look like in 50 years but it won't resemble today's society.
Great post!