Evolved to belief in God?

If the religion you suggest doesnt seem like his, its a cult, doesnt make sense, and isnt religion. Even if millions of people follow it.

Dude, @SJ76 , you dont get to judge others for their beliefs, but you do. Go believe. Im not judging anyone. I dont care, until someone, typically a Christian, says everyone is wrong except them. Fact is you can believe whatever you want, but you dont know shit.

The only thing I am completely sertain of, is I dont know. Im not saying youre wrong, but dont tell me shit about knowing about god, or what happens when you die. Just because you believe it doesnt make it fact.

I’m judging others where? Im the only answering any damn questions and the only one who seems to believe anything. Lol

Jesus is both a ghost and a zombie. That was the joke that sailed over your head.

And you know this from your 40 on the earth? Lol. Sorry I’m gonna go with a 2000 year old book and the 10 commandments.

All you have to do is google Islam Hinduism and Christianity folks. And don’t be so sceered

You’re record is skipping bud. I answered that one

No, you didn't. That's why I keep asking.

Which of the 10 Commandments do you follow?

In before I’m asked which commandments I follow once again

fresh prince of bel air dance GIF

Lolol post #158 here man

1-10 goodness graciousness

You're saying that you follow all 10 Commandments?

So, you've never taken the "lords" name in vein, never coveted anything, or ever worked on a Sunday or Saturday (depending on the translation)? You've never kneeled to a crucifix?

You're so full of shit your eyeballs have ringworm.

You're saying that you follow all 10 Commandments?

So, you've never taken the "lords" name in vein, never coveted anything, or ever worked on a Sunday or Saturday (depending on the translation)? You've never kneeled to a crucifix?

You're so full of shit your eyeballs have ringworm.

Absolutely I’ve sinned. Every Christian has. You think we have to be perfect? I’ve cussed but I do not say GD.

Absolutely I’ve sinned. Every Christian has. You think we have to be perfect? I’ve cussed but I do not say GD.

Sounds like you don't follow the 10 Commandments and just use "sin" as an excuse.

Must be nice to use "sin" as an excuse for doing shitty things.

Goodness man get a grip. No one trying to do horrible things. But no one is perfect.

*yawn*

Go back to your family and enjoy your Sunday — Lord have mercy on you

Goodness man get a grip. No one trying to do horrible things. But no one is perfect.

*yawn*

Go back to your family and enjoy your Sunday — Lord have mercy on you

Your religion is moot. I don't care that you'll keep with it, but it's moot.

Your religion is moot. I don't care that you'll keep with it, but it's moot.

thanks you’ve made me even more interested to dig deeper. I actually thought about Hinduism this evening while I ate my steak

perhaps enjoy my bacon even more tomorrow morning as well while wearing a yellow speedo

thanks you’ve made me even more interested to dig deeper. I actually thought about Hinduism this evening while I ate my steak

perhaps enjoy my bacon even more tomorrow morning as well while wearing a yellow speedo

Good. My morning abortion was delicious.

I think that, originally, "Gods" were an explanation for things that weren't understood by early civilizations.
As knowledge is gained, the type of gods being worshipped evolved.
As more things get explained away by science, the need for a deity lessens. But many cling to their beliefs for reasons like belonging, peace of mind and having to feel like they have a purpose for being.

This question is oriented somewhat toward atheist/agnostics, but anyone can share thoughts on this.

According to Pew, 3.1% of Americans identify as atheist. A broader category is religiously unaffiliated, (“nones”). Nones are rising in America but falling worldwide.

Both atheists and people with no religion are falling as a percentage worldwide.

In light of this, my question: if there is no God, why have we evolved from a species that does not believe in God to a species that does?

We have evolved from ape-like ancestors with no belief or even awareness of God to humans, a substantial and growing majority of whom do believe in God.

if there is no God, it seems evolution has been working backward for a hundred thousand years by implanting a false idea into the most highly evolved species.
Apologies for being late to this.

"if there is no God, why have we evolved from a species that does not believe in God to a species that does?"
Probably a combination of our evolving brains, language, and communication to understand the unknown.
From primitive drawings to the alphabet to the printed word.
As those evolved, you can make the argument that so did religion.

"if there is no God, it seems evolution has been working backward for a hundred thousand years by implanting a false idea into the most highly evolved species"
I would make the counter argument that as we have evolved, we are more susceptible now than ever before to false ideas.
See media, social.