Fence Post Furniture

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,000.00
In my basement there were about 15 4x4 fence posts left from the previous homeowner. My wife said I should make patio furniture with them and so I did. It was tough though because every timber was twisted and warped causing problems with the joinery. I used all rabbet joints except for some giant dado joints to hold the seat platforms. And I didn't use any screws or bolts to fasten the joints together, just glue and wood pegs. I made a couch and two chairs

Attachments

• chair pieces.jpg
    chair pieces.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 4
  • unfinished chair.jpg
    unfinished chair.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 4
  • patio chairs.jpg
    patio chairs.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 4
In my basement there were about 15 4x4 fence posts left from the previous homeowner. My wife said I should make patio furniture with them and so I did. It was tough though because every timber was twisted and warped causing problems with the joinery. I used all rabbet joints except for some giant dado joints to hold the seat platforms. And I didn't use any screws or bolts to fasten the joints together, just glue and wood pegs. I made a couch and two chairs
Finally someone on this board did something worth posting about instead of all those silly "craft" projects that @Peter Gozintite does.

Well crafting can be a lot of fun, Dunce Crafting For Dummies is an excellent read for those wishing to expand their creative crafting skills!

I started this project in June and it was the first larger project I had done in many years so I was a little rusty and it took me three weeks to build the couch and I finished the couch on Father's Day. After that I was able to build the two chairs in one week. So after lounging the rest of the Summer, on October 11, I started building twelve kitchen cabinets.