Flight aware flight issues

Last week Tuesday my flight from Denver to Appleton got canceled while I was flying from Boise. By the time I landed, all flights from Denver to the entire state of Wisconsin were booked or canceled (snow storm) into Thursday. United's "book new flight" feature on their website and app for some incomprehensible reason omitted O'Hare from being a possible re-booking destination. So I was directed to speak to United's "flight assistance desk" - which required a train ride out of all terminals and questions to three different United desks to find this "assistance" desk that was tucked away so nicely I could've spent a full day walking around the airport and not find it if I didn't ask. It was great to have to go back through TSA and another train ride back to the same terminal I originally landed in to fix this. ...Then the outbound departure section changed from B48 to B47 to B43 to B11 because the original flight to Pittsburgh that was in B48 got delayed and the plane in couldn't find a parking spot. Good times.
I refuse to fly United unless absolutely required, which hasn't been in a LONG time. All airlines have their issues, but United is almost guaranteed something will go wrong. There is a reason www.untied.com lasted as long as it did, and took a Canadian court to bring it down.

I refuse to fly United unless absolutely required, which hasn't been in a LONG time. All airlines have their issues, but United is almost guaranteed something will go wrong. There is a reason www.untied.com lasted as long as it did, and took a Canadian court to bring it down.

Fuck United. Last time I flew them was because my client required that they booked our travel and afterwards I told them I wasn't coming back unless I could book my own travel. Nothing but delays and connections in shitty airports.

I'll take my usually direct flights on Southwest or connections with Delta in either Detroit or Atlanta over anything else.

I fly American for just about anything I can. Living in Dallas, you can a direct flight just about anywhere domestic. DFW is a pretty easy airport to navigate, but the constant gate changes is really annoying as is the fact that you rarely ever return to the same terminal you left from.

I fly American for just about anything I can. Living in Dallas, you can a direct flight just about anywhere domestic. DFW is a pretty easy airport to navigate, but the constant gate changes is really annoying as is the fact that you rarely ever return to the same terminal you left from.

ATW (Appleton) is a very convenient airport for me to fly out/in. It takes less than a half hour to get to the airport from my house, the security lines are always short and the one terminal includes a very quick walk to every gate. Downside is that there's not a lot of flight options; it's a small airport. The price for that convenience is I can't be choosey on which airline I use. I'd rather fly United than have to quadruple every timetable if I fly out of Milwaukee.

Yeah American is my go to for almost everything. If I'm going domestic I'll compare with southwest but the extra drive time to Love Field is a factor.

Yeah American is my go to for almost everything. If I'm going domestic I'll compare with southwest but the extra drive time to Love Field is a factor.
With Southwest, it’ll sometimes look cheaper, but then you likely have to pay extra for priority boarding and it ends up being similar. Then you have to factor in the cost of repairing the bullet holes in your car from driving to Love Field.

With Southwest, it’ll sometimes look cheaper, but then you likely have to pay extra for priority boarding and it ends up being similar. Then you have to factor in the cost of repairing the bullet holes in your car from driving to Love Field.
At least with Southwest, you don't have to pay to check a bag.

And I never had to go to Love Field so that's nice.

At least with Southwest, you don't have to pay to check a bag.

And I never had to go to Love Field so that's nice.
If you fly enough on American to get status (and I do), everyone in your party gets a free checked bag. And I get an assigned seat and priority boarding. Love Field itself is a nice airport, but getting to it can be a bit dicey.

If you fly enough on American to get status (and I do), everyone in your party gets a free checked bag. And I get an assigned seat and priority boarding. Love Field itself is a nice airport, but getting to it can be a bit dicey.

did American finally get rid of the 500 mile upgrades for the non executive platinum statuses?

Those were the reason I switched to Delta and had way better luck getting upgraded through Detroit. Atlanta was impossible with the number of Diamonds there, but it was almost guaranteed through Detroit.

Yeah but the savings in gas when I can pick up hookers while waiting at a stop light!