Future of Hollywood

giphy.gif

I-hate-You-Edge-of-Ettiquette-Star-Trek.gif

tumblr_nogrtobz2c1u62kxvo1_500.gif

What are the last 2?

You've seen no changes in the way people consume Hollywood entertainment, ill? Business as usual?
did I say that?

just because the how is changing doesn't mean the source is going to go away.

I agree that Dune cost a lot to make...but it's still art that Hollywood is going to continue to put out. There are some that don't break even and some that are easy "money in the bank" type movies.
Yeah, the "art" stuff is only made possible by the benefactor stuff of movies that are supposed to make money. Remaking Batman again and again, more Mission Impossible movies, Disney princess remakes, etc. Dune is essentially Ben-Hur, except the original was a lot more poo.
but none of it is going to go away.

like I asked earlier, does OP mean movie theaters are going to go under? Because Hollywood isn't going anywhere.

and no one is talking about TV in this thread.
Entertainment is entertainment. Industries elsewhere arose and are smaller and streamlined. Much of Hollywood's influence has departed already, yes.

Yeah, the "art" stuff is only made possible by the benefactor stuff of movies that are supposed to make money. Remaking Batman again and again, more Mission Impossible movies, Disney princess remakes, etc. Dune is essentially Ben-Hur, except the original was a lot more poo.

Entertainment is entertainment. Industries elsewhere arose and are smaller and streamlined. Much of Hollywood's influence has departed already, yes.
how do you figure that "Much of Hollywood's influence has departed already"?

how do you figure that "Much of Hollywood's influence has departed already"?
Studios in Georgia and Vancouver took a lot already. New studios planned in Chicago, New York and Texas. California has unfavorable tax and labor considerations, and LA has a growing crime problem. All have been cited as reasons for relocation. But hey- I'm sure the Academy Awards ceremony will still be filmed there!

are you really using DC and MCU to drive it? MCU peaked with Endgame and now they can't get people excited about a CGI movie again. That's all that is. They blew their load.

I think there are still great movies being made...

is your question "are movie theaters done?"
Yes. My point begins and ends with DC and MCU. There isnt any other evidence that these could just be examples of that a Hollywood-centric entertainment industry is dying.

Studios in Georgia and Vancouver took a lot already. New studios planned in Chicago, New York and Texas. California has unfavorable tax and labor considerations, and LA has a growing crime problem. All have been cited as reasons for relocation. But hey- I'm sure the Academy Awards ceremony will still be filmed there!
again, that isn't what OP is talking about. He isn't talking about Hollywood the place going under...he is saying the entertainment industry is collapsing and I disagree.

again, that isn't what OP is talking about. He isn't talking about Hollywood the place going under...he is saying the entertainment industry is collapsing and I disagree.
I specifically said I was talking more about the location of Hollywood, Ca, but ALSO referring to the Hollywood industry in general.

Read it again. He's describing an industry in decline. He even puts the word, "fails" in quotes. The U.S. entertainment industry in general wasn't doing great, and the strike and economy weren't doing it any favors. Considering what a huge export this is, and Hollywood's near-monopoly just a few years ago, it's pretty stark.

Hollywood could recover, but not at the current direction it's taking. Circling the wagons and protecting sunk cost typically doesn't save industries, it just makes a few people a few bucks, as it circles the drain. Maybe De Niro can make $15 million more on some films where he gets de-aged, as his fellow SAG-AFTRA members picket for protections against AI.

At some point, they’re going to have to realize that people don’t want another comic book/superhero movie, Star Wars/Star Trek, or the 17th incarnation of a franchise that should have died around the third installment. They’ve run out of ideas and it shows.
a lot of them are really just phoning it in at this point. appears to be the same exact movie.