TV Series Game of Thrones: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I hope HBO eventually makes a Dunk and Egg spinoff series.

Go beyond the short stories and cover Aegon V's complete life and reign as king. Could even expand it out further and cover all the Blackfyre rebellions. Just do some actor recast every couple seasons like The Crown to advance the time lines.

Tfd108 Idk GIF by Tacoma FD

I struggled to read those stories. Not sure if I ever finished them.

they are pretty simple stories...made for children.

not surprised OP liked them

Go beyond the short stories and cover Aegon V's complete life and reign as king. Could even expand it out further and cover all the Blackfyre rebellions. Just do some actor recast every couple seasons like The Crown to advance the time lines.
I would like one set a few years before Roberts Rebellion.

I listened to the audiobooks of them. They tie into Targaryens quite a bit as well as the Targaryen bastards.

Great reads but I don't think it is going to end up transferring into a TV show that people like. I think it is going to get a lot of backlash when it first comes out. Game of Thrones got bigger and more epic as the series went on and then House of the Dragon is that to the extreme right out the gate.

Dunk and Egg are these small and nowhere near epic short stories of a Knight and a young kid. I'm not even sure how it can be made into a series. There are only like 3 of them out. Each one can't be it's own season. Maybe 2-3 episodes each. Will only work as some sort of mini series unless George starts pumping out a lot more which we know isn't going to happen.

Great reads but I don't think it is going to end up transferring into a TV show that people like. I think it is going to get a lot of backlash when it first comes out. Game of Thrones got bigger and more epic as the series went on and then House of the Dragon is that to the extreme right out the gate.

Dunk and Egg are these small and nowhere near epic short stories of a Knight and a young kid. I'm not even sure how it can be made into a series. There are only like 3 of them out. Each one can't be it's own season. Maybe 2-3 episodes each. Will only work as some sort of mini series unless George starts pumping out a lot more which we know isn't going to happen.

The Dunk & Egg stories play out basically like a western. The good guys travel from place to place and help the locals out of trouble. There's an infinite number of stories they could play out tbh. If they are keeping it canon, then there's only really enough material for a single season unless they significantly drag everything out.

The Dunk & Egg stories play out basically like a western. The good guys travel from place to place and help the locals out of trouble. There's an infinite number of stories they could play out tbh. If they are keeping it canon, then there's only really enough material for a single season unless they significantly drag everything out.

That's the thing, with the source material there really isn't enough there for a series. It would have to be a one season mini series or maybe 3 miniature 4-6 episode seasons if they really wanted to stretch the stories out.

For some reason I was thinking they were developing it as an animated series.
This won't be as popular, & honestly, I can't figure why they'd choose for this to be next. Both Aegon's conquest & Robert's Rebellion would make for much better focal points.