Giannis signing Super Max contract with Bucks

lel, sucks he won't ever win a title.

Do you really believe that?
I guess the cap can go up enough to get some room to put people around him. But he has Lebron to deal with in the west for another year and then Luka for the next decade.

I guess the cap can go up enough to get some room to put people around him. But he has Lebron to deal with in the west for another year and then Luka for the next decade.
LeBron is nearing the end of his career but Luka will be tough to deal with.

LeBron is nearing the end of his career but Luka will be tough to deal with.
animation dance GIF by tverd

He can take a syringe full of purple 'n gold juice and last another ten years!

Lebron is going to be in the west for more than one year lol but the one thing he has going for him is the West is way more stacked than the East at this point. If you can't beat the no superstar Heat team...not sure he can take out a west powerhouse team or the Nets. We will see.

Bron and AD of course
Luka and Zinger - Mavs (they could add a 3rd star next year)
Kawhi and PG - Clips
Jokic, Murray and Porter - Nugs
KD and Kyrie - Nets
Steph and then Klay next year - W's

Toronto and Boston are still tough but no stars to this point unless Tatum, Brown or Siakam can make that next step.

Lebron is going to be in the west for more than one year lol but the one thing he has going for him is the West is way more stacked than the East at this point. If you can't beat the no superstar Heat team...not sure he can take out a west powerhouse team or the Nets. We will see.

Bron and AD of course
Luka and Zinger - Mavs (they could add a 3rd star next year)
Kawhi and PG - Clips
Jokic, Murray and Porter - Nugs
KD and Kyrie - Nets
Steph and then Klay next year - W's

Toronto and Boston are still tough but no stars to this point unless Tatum, Brown or Siakam can make that next step.
The Mavs are my biggest question now. Everything was about making room for the 3rd star. Need to look to see who is a FA and would fit here next year. Giannis was going to be the top target.

What the fuck is a supermax. You can't over max a max. Its already maxed out. We're just throwing together words to make it sound cooler. Its like the polar vortex.

What the fuck is a supermax. You can't over max a max. Its already maxed out. We're just throwing together words to make it sound cooler. Its like the polar vortex.
yer a supermax

The Mavs are my biggest question now. Everything was about making room for the 3rd star. Need to look to see who is a FA and would fit here next year. Giannis was going to be the top target.
Kawhi is still a hope but that all depends on what happens with them this year. If Zinger can stay healthy they don't need a superstar but just a star level player. Not seeing a whole lot in the 2021 class, Giannis and Kawhi were the two obvious superstars.

I'm surprised that he went with the 5 year deal. Figured he go shorter term to see what they could do to get him some help. Now, if they can't get him what he needs for a title, he's stuck.

Do you really believe that?

It's seems pretty unlikely. Milwaukee isn't exactly a destination city for free agents.

It sucks for the smaller, non-destination cities...but as they say..."location, location, location".

It's seems pretty unlikely. Milwaukee isn't exactly a destination city for free agents.

It sucks for the smaller, non-destination cities...but as they say..."location, location, location".
The new owners have deep pockets.

Hope he doesn't fall victim to the Christian Yelich syndrome.

The new owners have deep pockets.

That doesn't matter. There is a salary cap, so the Bucks can't give a max level player any more than any other team can. Players at that level have choices and with the money being the same, they're not choosing Milwaukee when they can choose Miami, LA, NY, Dallas, etc.

That doesn't matter. There is a salary cap, so the Bucks can't give a max level player any more than any other team can. Players at that level have choices and with the money being the same, they're not choosing Milwaukee when they can choose Miami, LA, NY, Dallas, etc.
Well, Giannis had a chance to go to Miami, NY, LA, or Dallas but likes Milwaukee better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well, Giannis had a chance to go to Miami, NY, LA, or Dallas but likes Milwaukee better. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We'll see if he still likes better in 3-4 years when he still hasn't made it to the finals.

He may be one of those rare superstars who likes where he is and stays there his whole career. A lot of contenders would have loved to have had Reggie Miller, but he chose to stay in Indy for his whole career. KG would have stayed in Minny his entire career, but they basically told him thanks for your service, now go get the title with the Celtics that we couldn't help you get here and traded him.

As I said above, I'm not surprised he chose to stay, but I am surprised that he did a 5 year deal instead of a 2 year deal.

We'll see if he still likes better in 3-4 years when he still hasn't made it to the finals.

He may be one of those rare superstars who likes where he is and stays there his whole career. A lot of contenders would have loved to have had Reggie Miller, but he chose to stay in Indy for his whole career. KG would have stayed in Minny his entire career, but they basically told him thanks for your service, now go get the title with the Celtics that we couldn't help you get here and traded him.

As I said above, I'm not surprised he chose to stay, but I am surprised that he did a 5 year deal instead of a 2 year deal.
Giannis said he considers Milwaukee his city and has confidence in the owners to pursue top talent. Unlike some other superstars, he doesn't feel the need to change organizations based on other team's players. He wants to be like Dirk that played his entire career in Dallas.

Good for the bucks. Giannis seems to like it there and he's not your normal spoiled NBA player. He's good for the league