Golf Ball Rollback

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Didn't see a thread about this yet, but I'm really hoping the governing bodies come to a sensible solution.

IMO, if they want to implement something, it needs to be at the Pro level only. Let us amateurs continue to hammer beers and drop bombs.

Didn't see a thread about this yet, but I'm really hoping the governing bodies come to a sensible solution.

IMO, if they want to implement something, it needs to be at the Pro level only. Let us amateurs continue to hammer beers and drop bombs on the neighboring fairway.

FIFY

I have a box of ProV1's in my closet with my name monogrammed on them. Given as a gift. I'm afraid to use them.
I have multiple boxes of ProVs my mom buys me for Christmas every year. They were the balls my dad used.

my dad was much better than I am. I don't need balls that go for $5 a piece

I have multiple boxes of ProVs my mom buys me for Christmas every year. They were the balls my dad used.

my dad was much better than I am. I don't need balls that go for $5 a piece
When I was a kid, I used the cheapest ball I could find. Had no money so I used to sneak on courses and scour the woods. When I could afford golf balls, I usually ended up with these:

1701804144597.jpeg

They were dirt cheap at the hardware store, and that was a priority.

Let’s do it. Go to the Gutta-Percha

No governing body will tell me what balls I can play with on the course.

No governing body will tell me what balls I can play with on the course.

Always free to play with your own!

Frustrating thing is manufacturers are going to only produce Pro Standard, which seems ridiculous. Other sports operate perfectly fine with different equipment standards for pros vs amateurs.

But seriously, I know equipment has improved, but swing speeds of pros have also improved over the last 15 years.

2007, only 7 tour players averaged over 120 MPH with their driver. last year it was 21. Average driver speed is up over 3 MPH over that same span.

Technology has also improved to the point of being able to fine tune launch angle and spin rate to maximize distance throughout the bag.

Ban Trackman devices on the range if you'd like pros to hit it shittier. This ball change thing is stupid.

But seriously, I know equipment has improved, but swing speeds of pros have also improved over the last 15 years.

2007, only 7 tour players averaged over 120 MPH with their driver. last year it was 21. Average driver speed is up over 3 MPH over that same span.

Technology has also improved to the point of being able to fine tune launch angle and spin rate to maximize distance throughout the bag.

Ban Trackman devices on the range if you'd like pros to hit it shittier. This ball change thing is stupid.

I think its fine to nerf distances at the pro level. Baseball always makes tweaks. Seams on the ball are lowered, the ball itself is deadened, bats can only have so much pop and must be made of certain materials.

Taking those changes and applying them to weekend mens league baseball would be absurd. But that's essentially what golf is proposing with uniform equipment rules. It's perfectly fine to have 2 sets of rules: one for P and one for A.

I think its fine to nerf distances at the pro level. Baseball always makes tweaks. Seams on the ball are lowered, the ball itself is deadened, bats can only have so much pop and must be made of certain materials.

Taking those changes and applying them to weekend mens league baseball would be absurd. But that's essentially what golf is proposing with uniform equipment rules. It's perfectly fine to have 2 sets of rules: one for P and one for A.

seems like an opening for a company to come out with equipment that says "fuck the rules" and gives the average golfer better equipment no matter what the standards. I know many already exist, but nothing mainstream.

And sure, you aren't going to play in any club championships with it, but if you're just out there fucking around, what does it matter if your driver head is the size of a minivan with a sweet spot on the whole face.

My driver is the Wilson one that won the design competition on the golf channel, but then later had certain weight placement combinations banned so they reduced the number of weights in the package so you couldn't make the banned combinations. So I just found the original weights on ebay and play with those. Though at this point I may move to a different configuration since this setup creates a lower CG and higher launch angle that I don't really need anymore. Or maybe I'll move the loft down a degree. Either way, I couldn't give less of a fuck what the golf governing bodies want me to play. I'm already taking a 4 foot gimmie, what does a 2 gram weight difference in my driver matter?

seems like an opening for a company to come out with equipment that says "fuck the rules" and gives the average golfer better equipment no matter what the standards. I know many already exist, but nothing mainstream.

And sure, you aren't going to play in any club championships with it, but if you're just out there fucking around, what does it matter if your driver head is the size of a minivan with a sweet spot on the whole face.

My driver is the Wilson one that won the design competition on the golf channel, but then later had certain weight placement combinations banned so they reduced the number of weights in the package so you couldn't make the banned combinations. So I just found the original weights on ebay and play with those. Though at this point I may move to a different configuration since this setup creates a lower CG and higher launch angle that I don't really need anymore. Or maybe I'll move the loft down a degree. Either way, I couldn't give less of a fuck what the golf governing bodies want me to play. I'm already taking a 4 foot gimmie, what does a 2 gram weight difference in my driver matter?

I think the most likely result is golf ball companies are going to just produce balls that fit the PGA standards. So everyone will be forced to play with a ball that carries less than the current versions do. I guess we can plan ahead and just stock up on juiced balls and play with those, but once that inventory runs out there probably wont be many options.

I think the most likely result is golf ball companies are going to just produce balls that fit the PGA standards. So everyone will be forced to play with a ball that carries less than the current versions do. I guess we can plan ahead and just stock up on juiced balls and play with those, but once that inventory runs out there probably wont be many options.

look for my new company "Juiced Golf" Probably have to spell it different to fit with how companies are named in 2023/24. But you can buy all your JOOST balls from me.

look for my new company "Juiced Golf" Probably have to spell it different to fit with how companies are named in 2023/24. But you can buy all your JOOST balls from me.

Better get that patent before @JuiceTheGator steals the idea