Goodell finally gets it

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
118412775_3448885718497378_6675107979448870194_o.jpg

Disagree. The NFL is sports entertainment. Injecting divisive social activism into it is strongly damaging his product.
Is it?

Definitively.

Just in my own immediately family, I've got my wife, mother, father, two of my brothers, two uncles and three cousins publicly state they're done with the NFL because of it.

In my workplace, I've been commissioner of a paid fantasy football league since 2002. We're disbanding it this year in large part because the participants are disinterested because of it.

Then throw in like a hundred-plus more people on tHoop alone who have denounced the NFL and their teams.

A large percentage of the general public tunes into sports to get a release from social unrest. By injecting it there too, those people are turning elsewhere.

Definitively.

Just in my own immediately family, I've got my wife, mother, father, two of my brothers, two uncles and three cousins publicly state they're done with the NFL because of it.

In my workplace, I've been commissioner of a paid fantasy football league since 2002. We're disbanding it this year in large part because the participants are disinterested because of it.

Then throw in like a hundred-plus more people on tHoop alone who have denounced the NFL and their teams.

A large percentage of the general public tunes into sports to get a release from social unrest. By injecting it there too, those people are turning elsewhere.
People were done with the NFL over the past few years, but money kept coming in.

I'll believe it when I see it

Maybe if Kaepernick looked at the whole story rather than just blindly following the "Lets get add money" media, the NFL never would have needed to listen to him.

People were done with the NFL over the past few years, but money kept coming in.

I'll believe it when I see it
The NFL is still running on the old (very lucrative) TV deals that were negotiated in 2014 - before Kaepernick knelt during the Anthem and social activism in sports exploded.

nfl.png

National Football League on television - Wikipedia

It'll be very interesting to see what these numbers look like in 2023.

I have defended Goodell in the past. Not on this shit.

In both cases Goodell lifted his finger and felt where the wind was blowing. That is nothing new from corporate America.

Definitively.

Perfect.

More for me.

I am guessing Goodell will change his mind when ratings drop as most people want nothing to do with politics while watching sports.

I have seen comments from people I know not wanting anything to do with black national anthems or kneeling and such.