Great Live Performances

Going one more with Alice In Chains:

Heard the radio version too often, but live Is another story. The crowd excitement ramping up as the instrumental part approaches takes the song to another level.

Lead singer and guitarist of Pink Floyd. Waters was not legally able to take the name when he left. Waters didn't even name the band. Syd Barrett did.

This is all correct.

And it's kinda strange seeing as Waters was a founding member and Gilmore wasn't.

This is all correct.

And it kinda strange seeing as Waters was a founding member and Gilmore wasn't.
A member would have to own the name outright and copyright it. None of the band members did. It belonged to the band. In the event one member left of his own free will he would have no right to the name even if he was a founding member. That was the court ruling and I get that. When Peter Gabriel left Genesis, he din't try to take the name with him. Neither did Roger Hodgson when he left Supertramp. The names belonged to the band.

Gotta do one for a living drum god.

Lead singer and guitarist of Pink Floyd. Waters was not legally able to take the name when he left. Waters didn't even name the band. Syd Barrett did.
All true. Changes nothing.

Going one more with Alice In Chains:

I saw them on the Clash of the Titans tour in '91, and they slayed it. Stole the show in a way.

Fast forward a couple of years, and again I saw them at Lollapolooza '93, and it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Staley killed a fifth and a half of Jack Daniels in a 45 minute set. He was fall-down drunk. He was singing the choruses, but then making up shit for the remaining lyrics, most of which were just fart noises en sech. It was awful, albeit memorable.

So who owns the name Pink Floyd? Waters, or the band itself?
That has been settled for years. Mason, Gilmore and Waters all have rights to the name.

Last edited:
That has been settled for years. Mason, Gilmore and Waters all have rights to the name.

Roger Waters lost his rights in court after he sued the other members in an attempt to get them to stop using the name. I got the feeling that some other posters believed that Gilmour and company shouldn't be using the name.

Uli Roth and Scorpions live on Swiss TV. Rock Stars sure don’t look like that anymore.