headlight restoration

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
this one isn't about headlight fluid but on how to clean the plastic around your headlights

has anyone done the 3-step sanding thing for your headlights? I need to do it on my truck.

The toothpaste thing works, but it doesn't last long. At least it didn't on my old car (those had notoriously hazy headlights, though)

The toothpaste thing works, but it doesn't last long. At least it didn't on my old car (those had notoriously hazy headlights, though)
guy I know who does cars for a living told me to get some 800 grit sandpaper and sand horizontal on a wet headlight.

then you get 1500 grit and go vertical on a wet headlight.

then you get 2000 grit and do whatever on a wet headlight.

and boom.

guy I know who does cars for a living told me to get some 800 grit sandpaper and sand horizontal on a wet headlight.

then you get 1500 grit and go vertical on a wet headlight.

then you get 2000 grit and do whatever on a wet headlight.

and boom.
Removing it or taping it off?

I bought this kit awhile back and it lasted about a year. Needs doing again. I think pretty much all of them are going to just fog up again after awhile. That kit comes with everything you need and is pretty straight forward.

won't let me post a link....search for sylvania headlight restoration kit on Amazon though. should come right up

I have used the stuff that you just rub on, let dry, and buff off. All done.

Saw something on TV that was just a wipe of some sort.

just did my sons truck
with the rain-x kit -
it comes with some sort of sealant, as well -
did a good job -
was about $20

I bought the Sylvania kit. The missus had her car hit and they put a brand new light on one side.

After I used the kit you had a hard time telling the difference.

But it was only enough for at most 4 headlights.

nipples GIF

I think I went with the Sylvania kit after watching this video of this guy trying all of the different kits.