Hiker Mystery Finally Solved

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
I’ve been following the story for a few years now of a guy found dead in a tent in Florida, emaciated to 80-something pounds, carrying $4000 cash. He carried no identification or electronics. He was a long distance hiker, covering the AT south from New York, through the Pinhoti and the Florida Trail. Took them several years to identify him despite lots of pictures and DNA.

They finally identified him.
Mostly Harmless

Former friends and lovers finally identified him, despite the fact he has surviving family members who did not.

Last edited:
I’ve been following the story for a few years now of a guy found dead in a tent in Florida, emancipated to 80-something pounds, carrying $4000 cash. He carried no identification or electronics. He was a long distance hiker, covering the AT south from New York, through the Pinhoti and the Florida Trail. Took them several years to identify him despite lots of pictures and DNA.

They finally identified him.
Mostly Harmless

Former friends and lovers finally identified him, despite the fact he has surviving family members who did not.

i um...believe you meant "emaciated", no?

Let that be a lesson to any other New Yorkers who wanna come down here and walk around.

Very interesting read.

Dude lost half his body weight in less than three months....

I’d rather get eaten by one of those alligators.