Hobby Modeling - Minicraft RMS Titanic 1/350 Scale

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 295.00
I began working on this kit in 2013, three years into my retirement. I had the hull painted and completed in six months then had to store it away for other priorities. Didn't touch it until December 2020 well into the pandemic. It took another 18 months to complete working off and on several hours a day. Some of the parts, particularly optional laser-cut brass parts from Gold Metal Models like windows, benches, davits, and rails are extremely small and required working under a magnifier.

IMG_3581.JPG

Decks on the ship were done using custom laser-cut tinted maple strips from Scaledecks. The model was lighted using two dozen LEDs from Evans Designs. Here are some photos of the almost completed model.

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

Spent several days working on a display case. These can cost $200 - $300 on line. Used 3/8 inch wood parts from Home Depot and 3/32 plexiglass sheets from Lowes where they cut them to size. Case is 34"x12"x8". Still need to add a wood base. May add an iceberg and background for effect.

Titanic case.jpg

IMG_3671.JPG

badass

I saw the Lego Titanic kit when I went to the Lego store at Disney and it looked just like yours...even thought that is what you were bragging about building here at first.

but yours is slightly cooler.

1654167964739.png

Takes a really tall ladder to reach that clothesline.

Takes a really tall ladder to reach that clothesline.
I hear that was a contributing factor to the boat sinking.

a sheet came off the clothesline and covered the bridge and the captain couldn't see. Then he hit the iceberg.

I began working on this kit in 2013, three years into my retirement. I had the hull painted and completed in six months then had to store it away for other priorities. Didn't touch it until December 2020 well into the pandemic. It took another 18 months to complete working off and on several hours a day. Some of the parts, particularly optional laser-cut brass parts from Gold Metal Models like windows, benches, davits, and rails are extremely small and required working under a magnifier.

View attachment 72098

Decks on the ship were done using custom laser-cut tinted maple strips from Scaledecks. The model was lighted using two dozen LEDs from Evans Designs. Here are some photos of the almost completed model.

View attachment 72099

View attachment 72100

That's really impressive.

a sheet came off the clothesline and covered the bridge and the captain couldn't see. Then he hit the iceberg.

It's amazing how unfunny you actually are.

Actually, the captain got careless. Despite iceberg warnings received, he wanted to set a record to NY, sailed at max speed, didn’t take precautions, then went to bed. Everything will be fine.

Should've lifted it higher, and filled it with blue resin er whatever they use for water, and then made the under view of the iceberg some cool ass monster. :bounce: