Hoopla PSA from 1217

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,625.00
If you are able too and not afraid of needles..

please take the time to donate blood.

Over the past 30 years, i have donated sporadically - maybe 10-15 times and didn't realize how important it was until my wife had to have a transfusion last Thursday night.

Over the past 30 years, i have donated sporadically - maybe 10-15 times and didn't realize how important it was until my wife had to have a transfusion last Thursday night.
I have donated over the years, but not nearly enough. Hope you wife is doing ok

I’m B+ and give every quarter at church. I don’t think they really care though because I’ve offered platelets which I understand are hard to get donations and they weren’t interested.

My daughter is 0 negative and they call her constantly.

I used to donate sporadically, now I donate (usually platelets) about 3-4 times a month. I guess I have one of the less common blood types, so I get recruited a lot by the local blood bank. I practically have a standing appointment on Sunday mornings. lol

A cool thing about the blood bank that I donate through is that they actually send you a text letting you know when your donation is used and at what hospital.

I used to donate regularly and then about 15 years ago I was told they didn't want people who had been overseas in the military during the 80s.

I was like what the hell did they do to us?

I have donated over the years, but not nearly enough. Hope you wife is doing ok
Thank you. She is doing great now. She was scheduled for surgery to remove cancer on her thyroid. Didn’t have enough hemoglobin to go through with the surgery and had a transfusion. Glad to say with lots of prayers, she had a successful surgery Friday

I used to donate regularly and then about 15 years ago I was told they didn't want people who had been overseas in the military during the 80s.

Rules are constantly changing on that. Now even with tattoos you can still donate

I always thought that was about being exposed to malaria? If you had been, Then you couldn't donate.