Poll HooplaNation's All-Time Greatest CFB Coaches Tourney - 1 Saban vs 9 Devaney

Who do you think has/had a better CFB coaching career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
The winner of this round advances to the semifinals and faces the winner of Wilkinson/Bowden (Matchup #14). The loser will face Joe Paterno in Elimination Round 2.

Poll is open for 4 days

Quarterfinals | Week 7

Matchup #13 (This Thread) - #1 seed Nick Saban vs #9 seed Bob Devaney
Matchup #14 (link) - #4 Bud Wilkinson vs #12 seed Bobby Bowden

Coach14.jpg

Voted Satan.

Gonna wait until March 3rd and vote 437 times for Devaney.

Voted Satan.
giphy.gif

Saban is easily the best coach of all time. Nebraska fans will rally the troops though, so don't count Devaney out.

Saban is easily the best coach of all time. Nebraska fans will rally the troops though, so don't count Devaney out.
I don't think there are as many Nebraska fans over here as there was at the SH. Plus it doesn't help that we have a traitor in our midst.

I don't think there are as many Nebraska fans over here as there was at the SH. Plus it doesn't help that we have a traitor in our midst.
Also, this isn't Osborne, who would spark more interest. I've got my money on either Tom Osborne, Bud Wilkinson or Barry Switzer winning this whole thing.

Also, this isn't Osborne, who would spark more interest. I've got my money on either Tom Osborne, Bud Wilkinson or Barry Switzer winning this whole thing.
Well, I hope TO wins lol.

But really I think it should be...

1. Saban
2. Bear
3. Osborne

Well, I hope TO wins lol.

But really I think it should be...

1. Saban
2. Bear
3. Osborne
Saban is the GOAT. There's so many that can be legitimately argued for 2-5 though.

I mean, Frank Broyles doesn't have the numbers as others, but he did win a natty at ARKANSAS, and has the best coaching tree of all time. He wouldn't stand a chance here because so many people can't see beyond numbers, but I'd definitely entertain an argument for him being in the top 5.

Saban leads in like, every meaningful category, including specific COY awards lol.