Nebraska Cornhuskers Husker fans, what are your thoughts thus far on Satterfield?

If heard some chirping, but honestly I don't think I have seen too many bad play calls. At least not compared to years past. Granted it is only 2 weeks in.

I suppose one could argue that based on Sims turnover likelihood, calling pass plays make someone worry.... but if we are honest, I mean the dude is dropping snaps left and right and you can't avoid the pass game completely.

Anyway, I don't think I've seen anything to worry me regarding Satterfield just yet, but I may be suppressing the memory of some plays lol.

Same. Too early for me to make a judgement on him. He's probably still trying to figure out what works with the personnel he has to work with.

Marcus Satterbums Summer comments here….meh

He did go away from the run that was working in Minny but don’t they (Nebraska Offensive Coordinators) all?

He is the QBs coach and most likely makes the call on who plays when. So we all know how we feel about his judgement on that. A BIG QUESTION for you guys, is Jeff Sims missing three fingers on each hand?

It's too early to tell.

As South Carolina OC

Total Offense: 71st
Rushing Offense: 105th
Passing Offense: 40th
Scoring Offense: 40th

Total Offense: 111th
Rushing Offense: 93rd
Passing Offense: 95th
Scoring Offense: 104th

So he made a pretty good jump in Passing and Scoring Offense in year 2, but he had Rattler.

I'm not even gonna look up Temple since it was G5.
We know how Frost and company looked making the transition from G5 to P5.

Marcus Satterbums Summer comments here….meh

He did go away from the run that was working in Minny but don’t they (Nebraska Offensive Coordinators) all?

He is the QBs coach and most likely makes the call on who plays when. So we all know how we feel about his judgement on that. A BIG QUESTION for you guys, is Jeff Sims missing three fingers on each brick?

fify

Offense needs more playmakers or players to just step up, period. Really our only offensive points have been on a fluke trick play that almost didn't work and a garbage time touchdown with one second left.

Hard to do much of anything though when you turn it over 7 times in 2 games.

I expected the 0-2 start.

Rhule's first season at Temple was (2-10) and first season at Baylor was (1-11).

Nebraska's finally home and should beat the two G5's to go (2-2).

N. Illinois. Did beat Boston College in their opener, but lost to Southern Illinois.
Louisiana Tech. Beat FIU and N'western St., but lost to SMU 38-14

These are also possible wins.

@ Illinois. Only beat Toledo by two points and looked like hot garbage in their Kansas loss.
Northwestern is on an interim coach. Lost 7-24 to Rutgers.
Purdue is on a new coach. Lost their opener to Fresno St, but did win @ Virginia Tech.
Michigan St will have an interim coach.
Maryland. Has only beaten Towson and Charlotte thus far and only put up 38 points in each.
@ Wisconsin is on a new coach. Lost by 9 pts @ Washington St.
Iowa has Brian Ferentz. Nebraska beat them in Iowa City last year with an interim coach.

The defense has played well enough to be 0-2 right now. The offense did them zero favors against CU and you could tell they were gassed in the second half.
They are watching our offense score for the other team with all the give always and short fields. There’s going to be some bad blood between the O & D if this keeps happening. Best thing at this point is to rest Sims’s injury until the Michigan game. Perhaps our 4* QB Purdy or top 20 duel threat QB Haarberg Can show something good.

I didn't watch the last 20 minutes Saturday but I've yet to see a screen pass. I'm a big believer in running a few RB screens a game. Especially if your pass blocking is lacking. Keeps the D line honest/leads to a big play if they aren't. Maybe it's a Tommy Armstrong situation and Sims can't throw a 5 yard touch pass.

I do believe this team would have at least 1 win if Thompson was the starting QB. And it did feel as though the coaching staff hitched their wagons to Sims as soon as he got there. Maybe Thompson leaving was a foregone conclusion at that point though.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting much this season, some I'm not too disappointed. I guess the big concern I have is they just can't get a good QB. When was the last one??? A lot of options in transfer pool, is it a location issue, NIL issue or lack of talent evaluation issue? Overall, I hoping bad start doesn't take away interest in upcoming recruits. I was not a big fan of the Rhule hiring, but I like what he is doing so far. Two things;
Don't lose to N IL and if Sims struggles again, I hope he sits him.

I’m not ready to blame the offensive shit show on Satterfield yet.....I don’t think he has much to work with ....Rattler made him look pretty good last year and Simms makes him look pretty shitty this year....:surprised:

I do believe this team would have at least 1 win if Thompson was the starting QB. And it did feel as though the coaching staff hitched their wagons to Sims as soon as he got there. Maybe Thompson leaving was a foregone conclusion at that point though.
I have no doubt about the, “He’s our guy now” situation happening, that happens all the time with coaching changes.

I didn't watch the last 20 minutes Saturday but I've yet to see a screen pass. I'm a big believer in running a few RB screens a game. Especially if your pass blocking is lacking. Keeps the D line honest/leads to a big play if they aren't. Maybe it's a Tommy Armstrong situation and Sims can't throw a 5 yard touch pass.
This here is a good comment. I'd throw in WR screens as well. I just don't get why other teams seem to be able to find short easy throws for their QBs to get the ball into a playmakers hands but we can't. It should be hike the ball, immediately throw the ball. Like announcers often say, just take what the D is giving you. Would help Sims get in a rhythm and gain confidence. I wanted to take a look at the tape to see how close DBs were in formations we ran.

I'm annoyed by two things:
1. lack of read option - personally, I think virtually every run should be this with a running QB, I don't know %s, but I'd think back when Taylor Martinez was QB, that's what they did. It's literally the point of playing someone like Sims.
2. Moving the pocket/QB rollout, yes it shrinks the field but should help Sims find receivers, it helps the OL which isn't great, and gives Sims a better path to run.

again, it's mostly just trying to play to the strengths you have, you can't ask Sims to stand there and read the defense and make an accurate throw, just not his strength.