I Have An NCAA Football 13/14 Question (Playing Defense)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Before I post it, just curious if this is going to actually be seen.

Cool. Me too. I play 13 more. What position do you user on defense? If you ever use a DE or DL, what is your method for getting more sacks?
I use DE. Usually pre-snap, i try to time it right, but right before the QB hikes the ball, I move my DE one spot outward from the line. The ball is snapped and I go forward and immediately try to swim to the inside with speed burst. I am able to get a lot of sacks this way if my DE is rated decently. Because also what happens is sometimes they'll double team me when i make that swim move and it opens up another DL to get to the QB. But if you're on a crappy team and your DE is bad, it becomes a frustratingly failed move.

I am still trying to find the proper sliders for the CPU to make it realistic. If I keep sliders at 50, it's far too easy, but if I move them up to make the the CPU better, even just slightly, their QB goes 16/18 and has like 300 yards. So still trying to find that balance to make things even and difficult, but not unrealistic.

I use DE. Usually pre-snap, i try to time it right, but right before the QB hikes the ball, I move my DE one spot outward from the line. The ball is snapped and I go forward and immediately try to swim to the inside with speed burst. I am able to get a lot of sacks this way if my DE is rated decently. Because also what happens is sometimes they'll double team me when i make that swim move and it opens up another DL to get to the QB. But if you're on a crappy team and your DE is bad, it becomes a frustratingly failed move.

I am still trying to find the proper sliders for the CPU to make it realistic. If I keep sliders at 50, it's far too easy, but if I move them up to make the the CPU better, even just slightly, their QB goes 16/18 and has like 300 yards. So still trying to find that balance to make things even and difficult, but not unrealistic.
I used to always get upset when I couldn't any sacks in a game. Then, it really is about the ratings of the player. When I got some decent ones, it got better. I will say that some say don't sprint right away, don't move the user player right away. Some say do. Have you looked at sliders on operationsports?

I used to always get upset when I couldn't any sacks in a game. Then, it really is about the ratings of the player. When I got some decent ones, it got better. I will say that some say don't sprint right away, don't move the user player right away. Some say do. Have you looked at sliders on operationsports?
Yeah I've looked at sliders on Operationsports and I will say some do a decent job.

I haven't played it in about a decade, but this is what I used to do, except I think I went with the DT generally. Unless I had a blitz on, used to go with the nickel package and blitz in the nickel back a lot. When I did that I'd control him.

I haven't played it in about a decade, but this is what I used to do, except I think I went with the DT generally. Unless I had a blitz on, used to go with the nickel package and blitz in the nickel back a lot. When I did that I'd control him.
I do hope when the new game comes out they make it a bit more realistic with both offense and defense. You could really just run the same 2-3 plays on both sides of the ball and be successful.

Cool. Me too. I play 13 more. What position do you user on defense? If you ever use a DE or DL, what is your method for getting more sacks?
Good question, usually I user the LB or safety but when I do try to pass rush I usually get pancake immediately.

I think I have notice if I'm holding sprint at the snap, I'm penalize and more often get pancaked. Also I have the sliders in favor for the CPU for pass protection since I do blitz alot and can be OP if I didn't adjust

Now I'm curious, maybe I'll get some time this weekend to test this out.

I do hope when the new game comes out they make it a bit more realistic with both offense and defense. You could really just run the same 2-3 plays on both sides of the ball and be successful.
recruiting would drive me nuts too once you figured out to game it, just look for recruits not being recruited and you can be a shitty school and get 5 star kids and they don't flip when bigger schools come a calling