I like space and space travel as much as the next guy

but who give a shit about this and how will this help us?

Scientists believe that fast radio bursts may be a unique method that can be used to “weigh” the universe by measuring the matter between galaxies that remains unaccounted for.

“If we count up the amount of normal matter in the Universe — the atoms that we are all made of — we find that more than half of what should be there today is missing,” said study coauthor Ryan Shannon, a professor at Swinburne University of Technology in Australia, in a statement. “We think that the missing matter is hiding in the space between galaxies, but it may just be so hot and diffuse that it’s impossible to see using normal techniques.”

It also helps if you read that 2nd paragraph with an Australian accent....

• Helpful!
Reactions: ill
Space... The final frontier!!!

I'm cool with all that stuff & I watch all the documentaries I can concerning the universe on my streaming services

I used to listen to the radio.

Space... The final frontier!!!

I'm cool with all that stuff & I watch all the documentaries I can concerning the universe on my streaming services
Currently reading Before the Beginning:Our Universe and Others by Martin Rees. Copyright date is 1997 so it comes off a bit dated. However, it is well woth the read.

BTW, Rees did his grad work with Stephen Hawking. He is no fly-by-night.