I recently purchased a pellet smoker....

No one called out recteq yet, so I'll throw that one out there. I got the 700 and been thrilled with it. All stainless, great warranty, and it's handled everything I've thrown at it with ease. Only drawback is their cloud server. On some weekends when everyone is using it you lose the historical charts on your phone, but everything else works great.

No one called out recteq yet, so I'll throw that one out there. I got the 700 and been thrilled with it. All stainless, great warranty, and it's handled everything I've thrown at it with ease. Only drawback is their cloud server. On some weekends when everyone is using it you lose the historical charts on your phone, but everything else works great.

If I had not found the Pit Boss for half price...Recteq was probably the brand I would have purchased also. I was just about to order a Recteq when I stumbled upon the deal I found. Recteq has some really good quality looking grills.

Trying an experiment.

One brisket is trimmed very aggressively, competition style.

Another one is not trimmed very much, removed the "hump" and some silver-skin and the deckle fat, backyard style.

The other one is trimmed and the point and flat are separated into individual pieces.

After today I will know how it cooks each type and will record results for future cooks.....

Oh! .....and I'll feed half the neighborhood in the process!
Went to Sams Thursday to buy ribs for my smoker the first time and my BIL and I bought two slabs one baby back and one St Louis style to see which we liked better. Had no idea they doubled the slabs in each package so ended up with 4 slabs.

Ended up calling in most of the extended family to eat all that meat. Turned out great though went with the 3-2-1 method and killed it.