Ice fishing thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Actually been out on the ice once already this year which surprised me. I figured it wouldn't be until February with the mild winter we've had. Didn't get skunked either which helps.

Upgraded this year and got a Nordic Legend Drill Auger. MUCH lighter than the gas or propane auger and more dependable too as long as the battery on the drill is charged. Just ordered an underwater camera as well. Not just need to upgrade the hut.

Actually been out on the ice once already this year which surprised me. I figured it wouldn't be until February with the mild winter we've had. Didn't get skunked either which helps.

Upgraded this year and got a Nordic Legend Drill Auger. MUCH lighter than the gas or propane auger and more dependable too as long as the battery on the drill is charged. Just ordered an underwater camera as well. Not just need to upgrade the hut.
I'm still waiting for the lakes to freeze well enough to stand on the ice down here in SE Michigan. Just went last year for the first time in like two decades. Going to try and get out with my uncle in early February when the fishing itch, and desire for Spring, hits.

Damn. I really tried this past weekend and got skunked. Sat out on the ice for about 10 hours and we caught 1 fish between the 3 of us in the shanty the entire time. Had fun playing with the gizmos and fishing though. The camera was fun to play around with because we actually did see fish, saw some swiped and we did see the 1 fish take the bait but damn, it was hard going. I did, however, finish off two 6 packs before it was all said and done. My ice fishing skills are definitely lacking.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
It's winter. You peckerheads should put down the fishing rods and go skiing.

It's winter. You peckerheads should put down the fishing rods and go skiing.
I do like skiing, but you can't consume nearly as much beer while doing so. It's also flipping expensive. Mt Brighton (by us here in Ann Arbor) is literally an old garbage dump that they turned into a ski area and it's like a $70 lift ticket. It was a $24 ticket when I was in high school (2000-2004). It's just not worth it anymore and the good resorts are a few hours away up north.

Damn. I really tried this past weekend and got skunked. Sat out on the ice for about 10 hours and we caught 1 fish between the 3 of us in the shanty the entire time. Had fun playing with the gizmos and fishing though. The camera was fun to play around with because we actually did see fish, saw some swiped and we did see the 1 fish take the bait but damn, it was hard going. I did, however, finish off two 6 packs before it was all said and done. My ice fishing skills are definitely lacking.

View attachment 58091View attachment 58092View attachment 58093View attachment 58094

Bought a camera this year and have been out on the ice twice with it so far. First time I actually saw a large mouth bass come up and take the bait and reeled him in, was pretty cool. Unfortunately though the water we were on was pretty murky so the visibility wasn't all that great past a few feet or so. I also need to play around with it because I'm pretty sure the camera can rotate around but haven't figured that part out yet.

Bought a camera this year and have been out on the ice twice with it so far. First time I actually saw a large mouth bass come up and take the bait and reeled him in, was pretty cool. Unfortunately though the water we were on was pretty murky so the visibility wasn't all that great past a few feet or so. I also need to play around with it because I'm pretty sure the camera can rotate around but haven't figured that part out yet.
That’s what the little clip is on the "entertainment system" lol. You twist the cable and when you get it where you want it, you clip the cable in place. We had it set up so one person got the camera and the other person got the transducer.

Took the kid out on Saturday to ice fish. His first time ever, and figured a 40 degree day would be a good day to break him in. He got skunked but I caught a nice crappie and a large mouth bass in about an hour's time. He spent most of the time eating ice.

Going Friday. Woot woot!

Gonna be 50 degrees here tomorrow, probably heading out for a few hours. Luckily it's been pretty cold the last few days so the ice should be good. But next week doesn't look good. Temps are supposed to be in the 40's and 50's all next week.

Got fuggin' skunked today!? Couple of nibbles is all.

My daughter had fun tho.

everyone knows the slurp barrels are found in shanty town...

Shanty Town was a landmark in Fortnite: Battle Royale on the island Apollo introduced in Chapter 2: Season 1. It is a run down town west of Sludgy Swamp. Many Slurp Barrels can be found here

Pretty short season here. Temps have been in the 40's and 50's and most of the lakes and ponds are now open. However temps have been in the single digits the last few days which may get us a second season, but with next weeks temps in the 40's 50's and even 60's I'm guessing the ice season is over.

Pretty short season here. Temps have been in the 40's and 50's and most of the lakes and ponds are now open. However temps have been in the single digits the last few days which may get us a second season, but with next weeks temps in the 40's 50's and even 60's I'm guessing the ice season is over.
I thought that last week.

It's -26 right now.