Ice fishing thread

Damn. I really tried this past weekend and got skunked. Sat out on the ice for about 10 hours and we caught 1 fish between the 3 of us in the shanty the entire time. Had fun playing with the gizmos and fishing though. The camera was fun to play around with because we actually did see fish, saw some swiped and we did see the 1 fish take the bait but damn, it was hard going. I did, however, finish off two 6 packs before it was all said and done. My ice fishing skills are definitely lacking.

View attachment 58091View attachment 58092View attachment 58093View attachment 58094
Alright. Finally taking a "real" ice fishing trip. Going up north next weekend for a long weekend to see if we can catch some proper fish, and not just a few bluegills. Staying at a friend's summer house on lake Mitchell in Cadillac Michigan. Apparently they have a little guest cabin right on the lake, so we should be able to get a couple full days in. Taking the same setup above (buddy's) to see if we can land some pike/walleye/crappie and do a winter fish fry.

With the warm winters we've been having it's been hard to actually plan anything. Everything has to be so spur of the moment. Looks like we're going to get a solid week of sub 10 degree weather next week, which should make some good ice.

Bought a new hut this year and got it out on the ice for the first time this past weekend, but didn't have much luck either day. Now with temps in the 40's and possibly 50's this week, it may be awhile before we get back out again.