If Elko Wins A National Championship He Will Earn 17.5 Million In Compensation

And @fordman84 tried to make fun of our coach for crying after a huge emotional win

National Championships are worth every penny. Auburn’s applications went up 15% when they won the national championship and they never went back down.

It’s the cheapest recruiting marketing program you could find. Even if your enrollment is full it will increase the quality of applicants.
100%, Alabama has paid Saban millions but they have still gotten a huge ROI. Even with his big contract there is a fair argument that says he’s still underpaid and… I’m sure A&M had that in mind too when they hired Jimbo but it didn’t work out with him.

100%, Alabama has paid Saban millions but they have still gotten a huge ROI. Even with his big contract there is a fair argument that says he’s still underpaid and… I’m sure A&M had that in mind too when they hired Jimbo but it didn’t work out with him.
Alabama is in a unique position where they have been trying to aggressively grow the University to 40K+ students and the natties have helped. Tuscaloosa isn't even recognizable from what it was 16 years ago the building and economic development in that town and to the state is enormous. Saban was worth 10 times what he has been paid.

Alabama gave Toyota 370mm to build an auto plant in the state and they got Saban for an average of what 10 million over 16 years which has had the same impact but will go forever?

Kirby will not have as big of an impact in Georgia because UGA is built out and you aren't going to see the type of economic investment that you have seen in Tuscaloosa because the conditions are not there. The state of Alabama hit the lottery on Saban's success and that wasn't necessarily the plan but its been the result.

People don't really know this but a lot of UofA's growth in the student body has come from out of state and they are paying out of state tuition. Money is printing in Tuscaloosa but the cost is a lot of Yankees are the ink.

National Championships are worth every penny. Auburn’s applications went up 15% when they won the national championship and they never went back down.

It’s the cheapest recruiting marketing program you could find. Even if your enrollment is full it will increase the quality of applicants.
100% true...and a school doesn't even have to win it all. I think I read where TCU's applications nearly doubled after making the finals last year. Don't think enrollment increased a heck of a lot but applications did.

100% true...and a school doesn't even have to win it all. I think I read where TCU's applications nearly doubled after making the finals last year. Don't think enrollment increased a heck of a lot but applications did.
A lot of schools enrollment is fixed and they are turning away kids because they don’t have spots. In that scenario the increased applications typically increase the quality of your student population.

Again Georgia is ranked pretty high academically and their enrollment is at 100% so the benefits aren’t going to be as great. TCU being a private school if applications are that high they will increase the bar for scholarship and that can reap big money in tuition.

Same for Clemson after 2015. Also annual donor money shot up as well

Alabama is in a unique position where they have been trying to aggressively grow the University to 40K+ students and the natties have helped. Tuscaloosa isn't even recognizable from what it was 16 years ago the building and economic development in that town and to the state is enormous. Saban was worth 10 times what he has been paid.

Alabama gave Toyota 370mm to build an auto plant in the state and they got Saban for an average of what 10 million over 16 years which has had the same impact but will go forever?

Kirby will not have as big of an impact in Georgia because UGA is built out and you aren't going to see the type of economic investment that you have seen in Tuscaloosa because the conditions are not there. The state of Alabama hit the lottery on Saban's success and that wasn't necessarily the plan but its been the result.

People don't really know this but a lot of UofA's growth in the student body has come from out of state and they are paying out of state tuition. Money is printing in Tuscaloosa but the cost is a lot of Yankees are the ink.
My niece is going to Alabama next year (She lives in Illinois). She got accepted to UM Ann Arbor, which is where she wanted to go, but UM didn't offer her the financial package/scholarships Bama did.

She would have paid around 60k a year to go to UM and it is less than 1/3 of that to go to Bama with the package she is getting.

She visited Alabama, Auburn and Georgia -- Decided on Alabama.

EXACTLY and that's why it's a flex.

I agree that incentive-based contracts are the best way but when the base is 7mm (which is the top 5% of CFB) shouldn't you have started lower and built up building more types of incentives? It almost seems like they trying to convince you that it's an incentive-heavy contract when the fact is Elko will be one of the highest-paid coaches in CFB if he has a losing record and you didn't hire Nick Saban.
Base of $7m isn't a flex and it isn't outlandish for a well funded program. He's paid what the market dictates and then has incentives that greatly increase it if he can hit them.

This is an odd thing to be getting your panties twisted about.

And @fordman84 tried to make fun of our coach for crying after a huge emotional win

What's the issue? Is he crying like a bitch over a win everyone expected them to make? No, he's doing what happens multiple times at every football game.

Swing and a miss. And I didn't "try" to do anything, I outright DID make fun of that little bitch blowing snot bubbles and sobbing like a bitch on national TV.

For just students it doesn't really matter for us, winning would help keep bringing in more talent on the field. A&M already has a massive student body and there was some report out that it grew more in the last year than any other Texas school, or something like that.

Wait, can't Elko just do average in SEC play, lose to suckass OOC teams, and waste recruits? His buyout has to be more than the 17.5 million dollars. If it isn't, he should have Jimbo's agent on speed dial.

Why Lane Kiffin didn't take the atm job:

The Aggies ultimately hired Mike Elko from Duke and during his introductory press conference the administration, the wealthy boosters mixed within the media, and the new first family of Texas A&M did their cult thing and started swaying side-to-side singing some song nobody outside College Station knows a single word to.

You could not pay Lane Kiffin enough money to stand on a stage and do this.

And before you say ‘oh, they wouldn’t make Kiffin do that’ yes, yes they absolutely would. If he didn’t participate in all the ‘traditions’ of the school he would become unemployed.

Texas A&M isn’t weird, it is the weirdest.

Why Lane Kiffin didn't take the atm job:

The Aggies ultimately hired Mike Elko from Duke and during his introductory press conference the administration, the wealthy boosters mixed within the media, and the new first family of Texas A&M did their cult thing and started swaying side-to-side singing some song nobody outside College Station knows a single word to.

You could not pay Lane Kiffin enough money to stand on a stage and do this.

And before you say ‘oh, they wouldn’t make Kiffin do that’ yes, yes they absolutely would. If he didn’t participate in all the ‘traditions’ of the school he would become unemployed.

Texas A&M isn’t weird, it is the weirdest.
1) Kiffin didn't take the job because it was never offered, plain and simple
2) No one from A&M cares if you understand or appreciate our traditions
3) If you know the words to any other schools fight song then you are a fucking idiot

1) Kiffin didn't take the job because it was never offered, plain and simple
2) No one from A&M cares if you understand or appreciate our traditions
3) If you know the words to any other schools fight song then you are a fucking idiot
4) I did not write the article I am just laughing at it and you for getting butt hurt.

4) I did not write the article I am just laughing at it and you for getting butt hurt.
The butt hurt looking one is you. Sorry that our coach sucked so bad we fired him and paid him a lot of money to go away...and he still curb stomped your team this year.

The butt hurt looking one is you. Sorry that our coach sucked so bad we fired him and paid him a lot of money to go away...and he still curb stomped your team this year.
Ford if that is supposed to hurt my feelings then you will have to do better than that. With the exception of New Mexico State (which I still can't believe), Auburn did exactly what I expected although I thought Alabama would throttle us.

I know where Auburn is and I know why they are there and I know what it will take to get back and we will (with a bump or two in the road I suspect).

For the record, I'm a fan of Jimbo as a person I've known him for years because he was the college roommate of one of my friends at Samford. I've been around Jimbo a dozen times and it's easy to see why he is a good recruiter as he is extremely likable I wish him well and am glad he got the money. That being said he should never have gotten the last two contract extensions as that was madness and Jimbo needs to retire and no event makes that more clear than the fact he was in the middle of the play on the field when we returned the interception (I mean good Lord that was embarrassing). Huge fan of Damian Craig and I hope he makes it back to Auburn (just not as a receivers coach because his talent is definitely in the recruiting not coaching).

No butt hurt I just pointing out the facts and they are:

1. Jimbo's last two contracts shouldn't have happened because no one was going to steal him and if they had it would have saved you 76mm.
2. Auburn should not have given Malzahn his last contract and let Arkansas hire him and I was screaming that at the time.
3. Orgeron shouldn't have gotten the extension he got as no one was hiring him.
4. The structure of Elko's contract is way too heavy on the base if you truly want it to be an incentive contract.

Those are just the facts and I have been right on every single one of them and you would agree with all but 4 right now but in time I'm betting you come around (just like you have on 1 but won't admit it).

Well that’s cause all the girls got sick of getting r*ped at Baylor