Poll If The NFL Adopted NCAA Playoff Rules (Best 4 Teams) Who Would Get In?

Who Are The Best 4?

• Eagles 🦅 (10-2)

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Ravens 🐦‍⬛ (9-3)

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Cowboys 🤠 (9-3)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Lions 🦁 (9-3)

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Dolphins 🐬 (9-3)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 49ers 🌈 (9-3)

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Jaguars 🐆 (8-4)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Chiefs 🧑‍🍳 (8-4)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 🥔 🥗

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 762.00
Vote for 4 teams and discuss.

Eagles and Niners would be locks IMO.

If a case can be made for the Cowboys, they’d be in.

And they’re not leaving the Chiefs out if they have any argument to be made at all. Mahomes is a huge draw and now they have the Swiftie crowd locked up.

Doing this with CFB logic, I get the following:

1) Eagles by virtue of best record.
2) Niners by virtue of beating the Eagles.
3) Baltimore because they've beaten the Lions and only lost to +.500 teams
4) Lions - beat KC, but lost to SEA and GB, both .500 teams

5) Chiefs - lost to DET, lost to GB (by one more point than the Lions), lost to DEN, best win is MIA.
6) Miami - best win is DEN, lost to BUF
7) Dallas - bad loss to ARI, best win is LAR
8) Jaguars - best win is PIT, lost to SF and KC

Edit: originally had Dallas ahead of Miami, changed it because Dallas's loss to ARI is worse than Miami's loss to BUF.

Eagles
Niners
Ravens
Chiefs, see post #2

Lions, Jags and Miami currently don't have the clout.

Doing this with CFB logic, I get the following:

1) Eagles by virtue of best record.
2) Niners by virtue of beating the Eagles.
3) Baltimore because they've beaten the Lions and only lost to +.500 teams
4) Lions - beat KC, but lost to SEA and GB, both .500 teams

5) Chiefs - lost to DET, lost to GB (by one more point than the Lions), lost to DEN, best win is MIA.
6) Miami - best win is DEN, lost to BUF
7) Dallas - bad loss to ARI, best win is LAR
8) Jaguars - best win is PIT, lost to SF and KC

Edit: originally had Dallas ahead of Miami, changed it because Dallas's loss to ARI is worse than Miami's loss to BUF.
CFB logic means who will draw the most viewers plays a huge role in who goes. Dallas and KC would definitely get some Bama bias

CFB logic means who will draw the most viewers plays a huge role in who goes. Dallas and KC would definitely get some Bama bias
In this case, I don't think so. I was kind of kicking around the bubble as KC/DET, but DET has H2H, not as bad of a loss, and a win against GB too (NFL gets a mite fucky with this, since several of the teams in this pool have already played divisional opponents twice).

Everyone in the top 4 has at least one, if not two, wins over a top 8 team. The next tier has 0 top 4 wins.

In this case, I don't think so. I was kind of kicking around the bubble as KC/DET, but DET has H2H, not as bad of a loss, and a win against GB too (NFL gets a mite fucky with this, since several of the teams in this pool have already played divisional opponents twice).

Everyone in the top 4 has at least one, if not two, wins over a top 8 team. The next tier has 0 top 4 wins.
Committee would excuse the KC loss to Detroit as being week one. They’re not missing out on Swiftie eyes and Mahomes

Do you mean throw out the records and choose teams that will give the best television rating?

Kansas City
New York Giants
Dallas
San Francisco
Do the Giants get better national TV ratings than the Packers?

Do you mean throw out the records and choose teams that will give the best television rating?

Kansas City
New York Giants
Dallas
San Francisco
Giants' ratings have been shit this season. Would either be the Eagles or the Jets, and with A-A-Ron coming back, the committee would be drooling for those eyeballs in NYC.

Eagles
Niners
Ravens
Chiefs, see post #2

Lions, Jags and Miami currently don't have the clout.
Another knock on Detroit is that their defense sucks big floppy donkey dick.

No no no. Rams gonna sneak in and play the Lions.