Im a fucking glutton for punishment

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
Daughters truck started having antifreeze smell when running the ac. K ew it was a heater core. Part is 75 bucks. Every mechanic I talked to wanted 1200 to 16000 to fix and at least a week or 2 out. Here I am....

20220517_131432.jpg20220517_113051.jpg

Heater core on anything after about 1988 SUCKS, my condolences. Three screws and a couple of heater hose clamps on my mustang, that nightmare you have there sucks. And I hope you put it back together better than I would, because I KNOW there would be a squeak when I'm done. Go ahead and put new speakers in to cover up the squeaks and rattles.

As a side note, I just bought the M12 Fuel circular saw. Life changing! I love every one of those tools.

As a side note, I just bought the M12 Fuel circular saw. Life changing! I love every one of those tools.
I have ditched just about everything for Milwaukee.

Heater core on anything after about 1988 SUCKS, my condolences. Three screws and a couple of heater hose clamps on my mustang, that nightmare you have there sucks. And I hope you put it back together better than I would, because I KNOW there would be a squeak when I'm done. Go ahead and put new speakers in to cover up the squeaks and rattles.
Shit, my 78 ford heater core was nightmare too.

Jesus fuck, wtf is wrong with yourn second toe!?

I about fell out my chair! hahaha Looks like that MFer can hang from a branch with them thangs!
I dropped a 35lb plate on that fucker in high school weight training. Crooked little fucker ain't never been the same since.

Daughters truck started having antifreeze smell when running the ac. K ew it was a heater core. Part is 75 bucks. Every mechanic I talked to wanted 1200 to 16000 to fix and at least a week or 2 out. Here I am....

View attachment 71798View attachment 71797

I've had to change the heater core on my '68 C10 years ago but it was ridiculously easy for those old trucks. My nephew dropped the dash in his 2011 Ford F150 and that was a nightmare for him. None of Ford's little "pins" that hold all the plastic shit ever works after you take them out. Usually fall the fuck apart as you remove them. It's a hell of a job. Try not to pull a muscle....

Once they're apart, they aren't ever the same.

Hope that helps

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

They squeak in all new and exciting places.....

how much do you think they'd investigate if you just lit it on fire with the dash off and have them pay out a claim to get a new (used) truck that doesn't need a new heater core?

I just saved you time... you're welcome.