Iowa has a new assistant head coach and DC Phil Parker gets a raise. No OC yet.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
car seeing GIF

I know this is oversimplifying things, but why can't they just go to a team like Liberty with Willy Korn and grab him for their offensive staff? He has experience with Coastal Carolina and now Liberty running a high-powered offense. Iowa could certainly pay him more money, and they may even get a stud QB in the deal.

What names are being rumored for OC @iowajerms ?

I know this is oversimplifying things, but why can't they just go to a team like Liberty with Willy Korn and grab him for their offensive staff? He has experience with Coastal Carolina and now Liberty running a high-powered offense. Iowa could certainly pay him more money, and they may even get a stud QB in the deal.
Ferenz doesn't want one of those.

What names are being rumored for OC @iowajerms ?

Ferentz doesn't like revealing anything or giving hints, so it is tough to say. A couple names that has floated around are Paul Chryst or Joe Philbin (assistant at Ohio State).

I'll call plays for Iowa if they can't get anyone else

Ferentz doesn't like revealing anything or giving hints, so it is tough to say. A couple names that has floated around are Paul Chryst or Joe Philbin (assistant at Ohio State).
I think Chryst would be a fantstic fit TBH.

Not sure who would want to tie themselves to stodgy ass Kirk Ferentz. I would think an up a coming coach with Iowa ties. Maybe Drew Tate?

Not sure who would want to tie themselves to stodgy ass Kirk Ferentz. I would think an up a coming coach with Iowa ties. Maybe Drew Tate?
Only took KF 5 years to kill his own child.

Maybe that one bitch can teach the skill players how to flop.

Honestly Iowa is going to have pretty decent talent skill wise next year especially if they can get 1 more WR

Of they get an even halfway competent OC to go with that and everyone they've got coming back on D they should win 10-11 games next year

Assuming KF can stay out of the offensive room unless he's talking to the the OL

Honestly Iowa is going to have pretty decent talent skill wise next year especially if they can get 1 more WR

Of they get an even halfway competent OC to go with that and everyone they've got coming back on D they should win 10-11 games next year

Assuming KF can stay out of the offensive room unless he's talking to the the OL
Iowa hasn’t been good at skill talent since Banks. They’ve had some running backs put up good numbers because their Oline has been exceptional. IMO, blocking and tackling is where you should start and then expand on that. Iowa hasn’t expanded.

I’m not talking shit. I can’t. Scoreboard is scoreboard.

Iowa hasn’t been good at skill talent since Banks. They’ve had some running backs put up good numbers because their Oline has been exceptional. IMO, blocking and tackling is where you should start and then expand on that. Iowa hasn’t expanded.

I’m not talking shit. I can’t. Scoreboard is scoreboard.

They had good offense in late 2000's, Iowa standards.

2008, Shonn Greene was Doak Walker. RBs after Greene were young that played good but may have been rotated too much.
Stanzi was a good QB.
They had two WRs that are among best in Iowa history in Marvin McNutt and DJK (Iowa doesn't have any great in WR).
Tony Moeaki at TE

But I will agree that Iowa has only a few years under Ferentz with a solid offense.

They had good offense in late 2000's, Iowa standards.

2008, Shonn Greene was Doak Walker. RBs after Greene were young that played good but may have been rotated too much.
Stanzi was a good QB.
They had two WRs that are among best in Iowa history in Marvin McNutt and DJK (Iowa doesn't have any great in WR).
Tony Moeaki at TE

But I will agree that Iowa has only a few years under Ferentz with a solid offense.

McNutt was a fun player to watch

I loved watching Brad Banks too. That 2002 Iowa-PSU game was one of the wildest games I've ever watched

Last edited: