Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 79,772.00
No, it isn't.

"Eric Mittenthal, president of the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council, said he's been asked this question just about daily for the past five to six years and his answer is the same.

"A hot dog is not a sandwich," he said. "If you go to a hot dog vendor and you say give me a sandwich, they're going to look at you like you're crazy. It's just culturally not the same as a sandwich."

Hot Dog Running GIF by Heinz

The dude only said it’s not a sandwich (which it clearly is) because he wants it to be it’s own, special thing. Probably because calling it a pig parts and rat feces sandwich wouldn’t sell as well.

go fuck yourself, DJ

The dude only said it’s not a sandwich (which it clearly is) because he wants it to be it’s own, special thing. Probably because calling it a pig parts and rat feces sandwich wouldn’t sell as well.
Like, if I went somewhere and ordered a Reuben, I wouldn't expect to have to call it a Reuben Sandwich to get it served on bread.

The bit where they say we just call an ice cream sundae a sundae and don't specify that it's largely made of ice cream is a bit of a baffler to me, too. Like, on what planet would I be OK getting a sundae made with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and mashed potatoes? Just because you don't call it a sandwich when you're ordering it doesn't change the scientific fact that it is a sandwich.

"A hot dog is not a sandwich," he said. "If you go to a hot dog vendor and you say give me a sandwich, they're going to look at you like you're crazy. It's just culturally not the same as a sandwich."

Dumbest shit ive ever seen

IDRGAF, but I'll tell you what is DEFINITELY not a sandwich...

Those lyin' ass fucktard Hot Pockets, that's what!
My wife bought some of those the other day for daughter #2. Thought it would be easier / more portable for food on the run. Maybe I’m getting nostalgic in my old age and they always sucked, but man those things are awful. She took one bite and said “no way”. I said she was being difficult and she let me take a bite. I then threw the rest of it away.

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

only if you cut the hotdog and put it on 2 pieces of bread.

My wife bought some of those the other day for daughter #2. Thought it would be easier / more portable for food on the run. Maybe I’m getting nostalgic in my old age and they always sucked, but man those things are awful. She took one bite and said “no way”. I said she was being difficult and she let me take a bite. I then threw the rest of it away.
Don't think I've eaten one of those things since college. Those things are disgusting.

If I fold my pizza in half to eat it, is that a sandwich?