Is it time to start paying attention to Jarred Kelenic’s pursuit of .500?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
.400 is for dead ball era sissies and people more interested in flying planes than playing baseball. .579 average well into April with no signs of slowing down. .400 is pretty much a given at this point, but can he keep the average above .500 for the rest of the season? I think he can

It'd be awfully fitting for him to break out for a Mets rival

Considering he has a lifetime .212 average, and only hit above .200 once, no.

Just needed to come to Atlanta to break out. FWIW, he was having a really good season last year until he hurt himself. Kelenic and Sale were brought in because the team needed more crazy

Braves are like the cardinals used to be. Everything they touch anymore turns to gold. You should see what Ozuna's wife looks like now.

Just needed to come to Atlanta to break out. FWIW, he was having a really good season last year until he hurt himself. Kelenic and Sale were brought in because the team needed more crazy

He had also regressed considerably even before he hurt himself against the Twinkies. He was batting .205/.291/.311 in the 45 games leading up to the IL trip and struck out 66 times in 182 PA. He had a .297/.350/.564 line prior to that

that's not to say I don't think he can improve. he's still just 24, and he's working with an organization that has done a phenomenal job developing hitters lately. I just think last year's hot start was fools gold

He had also regressed considerably even before he hurt himself against the Twinkies. He was batting .205/.291/.311 in the 45 games leading up to the IL trip and struck out 66 times in 182 PA. He had a .297/.350/.564 line prior to that

that's not to say I don't think he can improve. he's still just 24, and he's working with an organization that has done a phenomenal job developing hitters lately. I just think last year's hot start was fools gold
You’re right, and he’s had incredible BABIP luck to start this season, and Duvall was brought in as a platoon for a reason. I just hope he stays hot through the Mets series that starts today

ATL has done a great job with that, the only other organization that may be better at turning a player around is the Rays. If he came to Tampa, they'd probably turn him in to an All-Star lol.

You’re right, and he’s had incredible BABIP luck to start this season, and Duvall was brought in as a platoon for a reason. I just hope he stays hot through the Mets series that starts today
To be fair, no one's hitting .579 without incredible BABIP luck

Hard to really be able to come to any conclusions about any players one way or another on April 8th

ATL has done a great job with that, the only other organization that may be better at turning a player around is the Rays. If he came to Tampa, they'd probably turn him in to an All-Star lol.
Dodgers have turned scrap bin players like Max Muncy and Chris Taylor into valuable pieces too. Max Muncy has the most punchable face in baseball, but he’s put together a fine career for a player brought in on a minor league deal

Dodgers have turned scrap bin players like Max Muncy and Chris Taylor into valuable pieces too. Max Muncy has the most punchable face in baseball, but he’s put together a fine career for a player brought in on a minor league deal

for him to hit for a 161 OPS+ on a minor league deal is insane

and let's not forget Justin Turner. 131 OPS+ and 36.5 WAR from age 29 onwards

I think we can all agree on that. lol

Braves are like the cardinals used to be. Everything they touch anymore turns to gold. You should see what Ozuna's wife looks like now.
1000_F_541607455_SSSPzktJnAzvr5dJ98el36Ee6BevajLY.jpg

I think we can all agree on that. lol
Concur.

.400 is for dead ball era sissies and people more interested in flying planes than playing baseball. .579 average well into April with no signs of slowing down. .400 is pretty much a given at this point, but can he keep the average above .500 for the rest of the season? I think he can
Nice jinx thread. He looked like a AA player last night.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Welcome back, Chewy from FN!!!