Is Sixto Sanchez still alive?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
The dude had a really good 2020 season for the Marlins, and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since. It’s coming up on 3 years since he’s pitched in the Majors

He was the key piece that went to Miami for JT Realmuto, and was Miami’s top prospect.

I know he hurt his shoulder and had to miss the entire 2021 season, but he missed last season t and all of this one and I haven’t seen a single update since 2021 about him.

Is he dead?

he had a small tear in the posterior capsule in his right shoulder in 2021 that sidelined him for that year and 2022, and then he underwent surgery for a right shoulder arthroscopic bursectomy. still hasn't pitched in a game with some setbacks this year, last report per Rotowire was that he resumed throwing from 90-105 feet... on July 3rd

imagine where that franchise is with a healthy Sixto

he had a small tear in the posterior capsule in his right shoulder in 2021 that sidelined him for that year and 2022, and then he underwent surgery for a right shoulder arthroscopic bursectomy. still hasn't pitched in a game with some setbacks this year, last report per Rotowire was that he resumed throwing from 90-105 feet... on July 3rd

imagine where that franchise is with a healthy Sixto
That Marlins writer, Mish(who for my money is the best beat writer in baseball, dude is hilarious) tweeted out a couple days ago that Sanchez is done and there’s no point in talking about him anymore and left it at that

He's on my dynasty team. What a disappointment.

I mean, if I had a thread for every time a good pitching prospect broke and didn't fulfill his potential I'd have Lizzo's entire wardrobe :noidea::wink:

The dude had a really good 2020 season for the Marlins, and hasn’t pitched in the Majors since. It’s coming up on 3 years since he’s pitched in the Majors

He was the key piece that went to Miami for JT Realmuto, and was Miami’s top prospect.

I know he hurt his shoulder and had to miss the entire 2021 season, but he missed last season t and all of this one and I haven’t seen a single update since 2021 about him.

Is he dead?

So, he apparently threw a bullpen on Friday.

edit: here's the tweet

You aren't wrong. Cheap minor league spot is all he's wasting though.
Some of my buddies have a dynasty football league that I turned down that was started like 10 years ago.

Around this time of the year, I start spending more time with other friend groups because that’s all they want to talk about. I finally joined their single season fantasy league last year.

I’ve had one of the best gambling years of my life so far this year, and that’s including starting the year out in a big hole after Vegas. Fantasy sports really just doesn’t hold my attention

Some of my buddies have a dynasty football league that I turned down that was started like 10 years ago.

Around this time of the year, I start spending more time with other friend groups because that’s all they want to talk about. I finally joined their single season fantasy league last year.

I’ve had one of the best gambling years of my life so far this year, and that’s including starting the year out in a big hole after Vegas. Fantasy sports really just doesn’t hold my attention
I'm guessing I put about 10% of the effort most in this league do. I like the idea of it more than I actually like doing it.

I don't think that anyone really "cares" enough about Sixto Sanchez at this point to bother lying about it. :noidea:
I do. The third wild card ruined it, but “Sixto Sanchez has played in more playoff games than JT Realmuto” used to be one of my favorite lines

I don't think that anyone really "cares" enough about Sixto Sanchez at this point to bother lying about it. :noidea:

I do. The third wild card ruined it, but “Sixto Sanchez has played in more playoff games than JT Realmuto” used to be one of my favorite lines

So how do I know you haven't been lying throughout this entire thread?

Think About It GIF by Identity