Its the Age Old Debate/which is better/Walk Behind Mower with Rear Wheel Drive or Front Wheel Drive

Best Drive setup for a Walk Behind Mower

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
It's a trick question. Of course it's Rear Wheel Drive.
You can lift the front of your mower up when you hit wet thick grass, and keep going.
You can power around turns, which you can't do with Front Wheel Drive.

There is absolutely no doubt that Rear Wheel Drive is best, yet, we have people who swear by Front Wheel Drive.

Saw a 4 wheel drive once, but fuck that.

Oh, and @Wild Turkey
I'll start a thread on manual push mowers later.

I'm considering getting one of these

I like the sit on it and steer it around while you push the gas pedal kind.

angry schitts creek GIF by CBC
Son Of A Bitch Ngapa GIF
Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

I'm considering getting one of these

I'd get the Commercial one.

one of my neighbors has the 430XH, but my yard is small enough to get away with getting the cheapest one.

I would have to see one in action and the results before I'd consider it.
I know absolutely no one who has those.

What have you heard??
Does it get low on the battery and goes and finds its cradle to recharge, then continues when it is???

I would have to see one in action and the results before I'd consider it.
I know absolutely no one who has those.

What have you heard??
Does it get low on the battery and goes and finds its cradle to recharge, then continues when it is???

that's pretty much it... it mows for a bit, recharges, and then mows again. It mows constantly so the yard stays at a consistent level, but it's so quiet that you can barely tell it's working.

I have a Husqvarna four-wheel-drive unit. I live on the side of a mountain and the four-wheel-drive works great. I can cut the grass do the weed eating and then edge the grass in about 45 minutes

It's a trick question. Of course it's Rear Wheel Drive.
You can lift the front of your mower up when you hit wet thick grass, and keep going.
You can power around turns, which you can't do with Front Wheel Drive.

There is absolutely no doubt that Rear Wheel Drive is best, yet, we have people who swear by Front Wheel Drive.

Saw a 4 wheel drive once, but fuck that.

Oh, and @Wild Turkey
I'll start a thread on manual push mowers later.
I found the manual mowers to less likely to stall out in wet or tall grass. My guess is because all the power is focused on turning the blade instead of propelling the mower plus there is less than can go wrong. I’m not regretting my decision.