Joe Montana Picks Dan Marino As The Best QB Ever

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
He makes a good case and who can argue with Joe Montana?

he went with Dolphins legend Dan Marino. A man who leads all quarterbacks in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective cameos.

“He had a quick release. I had to step into a lot of things to get enough [force] on the ball,” the NFL legend said. “He had the perfect torque of his upper body and strength to deliver the ball quickly at a fast release with accuracy.”

“Put Marino into today’s game where he gets free release… and his receivers, holy cow, weren’t very big,” Montana said.

“Now these guys are 6’4,” 6’5.” I think [Marino] is probably one of the most unsung heroes of the game. People don’t talk enough about him or realize the numbers that he put up during the times that he put them up.”

GOAT QB all depends on what criteria you prioritize.

If your primary factors are physical + mental capabilities as pure pocket passer, Marino should definitely be firmly in the discussion. And if that is the case, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are also serious considerations.

I think if Marino played in today's league, he'd throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 TDs every year. But I also think he'd throw a lot of interceptions.

He makes a good case and who can argue with Joe Montana?

he went with Dolphins legend Dan Marino. A man who leads all quarterbacks in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective cameos.

“He had a quick release. I had to step into a lot of things to get enough [force] on the ball,” the NFL legend said. “He had the perfect torque of his upper body and strength to deliver the ball quickly at a fast release with accuracy.”

“Put Marino into today’s game where he gets free release… and his receivers, holy cow, weren’t very big,” Montana said.

“Now these guys are 6’4,” 6’5.” I think [Marino] is probably one of the most unsung heroes of the game. People don’t talk enough about him or realize the numbers that he put up during the times that he put them up.”
It's tough to argue with Montana. He's my all time favourite QB, but the game has always been about Super Bowls.

I think if Marino played in today's league, he'd throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 TDs every year. But I also think he'd throw a lot of interceptions.
I agree with that first sentence, but not as much with the second. QBs are well trained in today's world to read defenses better and be much more careful with the ball than what existed in the 80's. I think Marino's ability to read defenses and make good decisions with the ball would be about on the same level as what we saw out of the likes of Manning - except Marino's arm was better than Manning's.

Marino certainly is up there so hard to argue with anyone that wants to put him on a list of the GOATS. I remember when his Dolphins met Montana's 9ers in the SB and everyone thought Marino would be back multiple times. Just goes to show that those opportunities are rare even for the greatest

I agree with that first sentence, but not as much with the second. QBs are well trained in today's world to read defenses better and be much more careful with the ball than what existed in the 80's. I think Marino's ability to read defenses and make good decisions with the ball would be about on the same level as what we saw out of the likes of Manning - except Marino's arm was better than Manning's.
Marino had a freaking gun

87897289.jpg

His face is obscured but that's @HammerDown holding the first down marker

That’s crazy because everyone knows Archie Manning was the best there ever was with no ring….

I saw something recently showing how Eli manning and Marino had similar numbers. I wanted to smack the writer of that article.

Yeah this is probably true. Marino could flick his wrist and throw a bullet of a pass.

Ray Finkle disagrees. LACES OUT!!

His face is obscured but that's @HammerDown holding the first down marker

I had a friend who was asked by ESPN to hold what appeared to be a clear plastic dome shaped contraption that would amplify any sound in direction you pointed it towards. He was told to point it at the referee when he announced a penalty during the game. He said the first time he pointed it at the referee and it amplified his voice it freaked him out and he dropped it. Scared him. He said it was very strange how well it worked in a noisy stadium.

Marino was impressive and played on some good teams. But he still didn't quite have what it took to win a championship.

In my lifetime, Joe Montana and Peyton Manning were the greatest QBs. I'm not even sure a comparison can be made to today's QBs, since the game was far more physical even 15 years ago, when it was an all-out assault on receivers and rushers delivered a late, unpenalized hit on the QB nearly every passing play.