Johnny Carson

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
just noticed
metv is runnin johnny carson -

1986, with the bunnies -
20200825_211715.jpg

I used to think Carol Wayne was hilarious. I think I remember my mom covering my eyes when she was on if I was up late.

1598409169896.png1598409304663.png

was gonna quote the buddy hackett joke,
on tonites show
but dang -
heres his whole segment -

I loved Johnny Carson
from the beginning till the end.

Funny almost every night.
layin in bed in the evenin -
pillows propped up -
relaxin n watchin johnny -
with a cool drink -

yep -

Best late night host ever. Letterman was great in his early years as well but not Carson great!
My Dad loved both Johnny and Letterman but I never once thought Letterman was funny. I never got him and got so tired of my Dad telling me how he was so clever that he was always just toying with people, which is exactly what I thought, too. Johnny was 100% genuine, Letterman to me was an arrogant asshole. It always felt like he was laughing at the guest and the crowd, just a notch better.

Sorry, when I'm told "he's just so clever you don't get him" I'm done.

My Dad loved both Johnny and Letterman but I never once thought Letterman was funny. I never got him and got so tired of my Dad telling me how he was so clever that he was always just toying with people, which is exactly what I thought, too. Johnny was 100% genuine, Letterman to me was an arrogant asshole. It always felt like he was laughing at the guest and the crowd, just a notch better.

Sorry, when I'm told "he's just so clever you don't get him" I'm done.
Never liked Letterman. His act was dated after just a few years and he helped his cause by being an arrogant ass

Never liked Letterman. His act was dated after just a few years and he helped his cause by being an arrogant ass
I never saw a guest be anything but friendly to Johnny but several were to Letterman. Several didn't take well to his superior bullshit.

I never saw a guest be anything but friendly to Johnny but several were to Letterman. Several didn't take well to his superior bullshit.
I will say one of the funniest Letterman moments was when Joaquin Phoenix was on and stoned out of his mind