Jonathan Smith to MSU Spartans

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 762.00
That’s the rumor.

I think this is a great hire for them all things considered.

Surprisingly good.

Expecting an official announcement as early as today or by Monday morning at the latest

Welcome to the Jungle that is the B1G.

Never liked the optics when a coach leaves after getting dominated

Did a great job turning Oregon State around. Good team this year, but several close losses and unfortunately they couldn't really get anything going against Oregon. Sucks to see him leaving his alma mater (especially for Sparty) but I can't say I blame him with everything going on.

I was reading yesterday that whoever it is, MSU is ready to announce by the end of the weekend. That dime store Aubrey Plaza from Big Ten Network said so.

The only hope for beaver fans is that after last night Smith realizes he doesn't want to go up against Oregon anymore and decides to stay at Oregon State.

We demoralized that program last night.

The only hope for beaver fans is that after last night Smith realizes he doesn't want to go up against Oregon anymore and decides to stay at Oregon State.

We demoralized that program last night.

I like the idea of this kickstarting a B1G rivalry between MSU and Oregon.

We seriously destroyed that program LOL
bomb satisfying GIF

All these incompetent conference commissioners not taking care of those programs and greedy programs jumping ship and creating mega conferences are ruining college football.

No Pac conference is a travesty. Sorry, but Rutgers and USC shouldn’t be in the same conference, and the SEC needed to change their name when they added A&M and Mizzou, damn sure need to change it now that Texas and Oklahoma are coming.

All these incompetent conference commissioners not taking care of those programs and greedy programs jumping ship and creating mega conferences are ruining college football.

No Pac conference is a travesty. Sorry, but Rutgers and USC shouldn’t be in the same conference, and the SEC needed to change their name when they added A&M and Mizzou, damn sure need to change it now that Texas and Oklahoma are coming.

Teh South Southeast Conference (SSEC).

It's gotta be hard to leave ones alma mater, but B1G $$$ speaks loudly...

I wonder if Beavs QB Ukelele has any eligibility remaining, and if so, would he follow Smith to East Lansing?

G8s are going to have a hard time keeping the good coaches for purely monetary reasons. Coaches might want to stay where they are but twice (or more) the salary is hard to turn down. And yes, I’m putting the ACC, Big 12 and PAC 2 in the “G” group.

Tough break for the Beavs

Glad I was sober reading that or I would have thought we rehired John L Smith

Hopefully that won't become his new nickname

(I think it's a great hire)

Rough 4 months for the Beavers

There is zero chance he leaves for East Lansing if there is a PAC 10 or 12. This is a no brainer really given the beaves situation sadly.