Jonathan Taylor wants out of Indy

Hmm ...

Taylor/Jones/Dillon?

Yeah, the Packers wouldn't need a QB.

Come home Jonathan.

Irsay's already pretty much said he doesn't give a damn if Taylor ever plays another game. They'll either destroy him in his final year, or bench him- RBs aren't worth much to most owners and GMs, and even less to Irsay.

Good luck finding somebody that is going to give up what they're gonna want.

Talk about not reading the room. Did he see all the other RBs that weren't signed?

A couple of "look out" blocks that gets your $40 million/year QB runner will show you the value of your RB

Talk about not reading the room. Did he see all the other RBs that weren't signed?
RBs are a dime-a-dozen in the NFL nowadays. If one is above average, it doesn't mean much, if there's another guy 85% as good at 1/5th the cost (or better). I'm shocked the franchise tag ever gets used on RBs, really.

RBs are a dime-a-dozen in the NFL nowadays. If one is above average, it doesn't mean much, if there's another guy 85% as good at 1/5th the cost (or better). I'm shocked the franchise tag ever gets used on RBs, really.
With RB contracts coming down soon, I could see the franchise tag used more. For example, look at Bijan. Atlanta could keep him for 6 years, likely through his best years, and never have to commit long-term. There's some kid who's a sophomore in HS right now that Atlanta can go draft after 6 years and pay less than what Bijan would want, and the cycle continues.

With RB contracts coming down soon, I could see the franchise tag used more. For example, look at Bijan. Atlanta could keep him for 6 years, likely through his best years, and never have to commit long-term. There's some kid who's a sophomore in HS right now that Atlanta can go draft after 6 years and pay less than what Bijan would want, and the cycle continues.
When the current CBA expires, you can bet the NFLPA is gonna demand a substantial adjustment to that cycle. It could get ugly.

RB (possibly MLB) is the most physically damaging position on the field. Sadly, the NFL has become a pussy league over the last couple decades.

RB (possibly MLB) is the most physically damaging position on the field. Sadly, the NFL has become a pussy league over the last couple decades.
RBs are the most productive during their rookie deals, but also get beat to shit. By the time a team actually has to pay them, they're already too abused to warrant a big contract. RB are getting shafted largely because of rules on rookie contracts. We could see the PA push for shorter term rookie deals, a substantial performance bonus structure included in rookie deals and hefty alterations to tag rules - all to try to get these top RBs paid fairly.

When the current CBA expires, you can bet the NFLPA is gonna demand a substantial adjustment to that cycle. It could get ugly.
I mean, they could, but they're not going to have much of a leg to stand on. Big money RB contracts never work for the teams, and SB winning teams don't pay big money to RBs. It sucks but that's the game now. I get that the position takes a lot of punishment, but you're choosing the play the position and the position has lost value. Not like any of these guys complaining are ever going to go hungry.

RBs are the most productive during their rookie deals, but also get beat to shit. By the time a team actually has to pay them, they're already too abused to warrant a big contract. RB are getting shafted largely because of rules on rookie contracts. We could see the PA push for shorter term rookie deals, a substantial performance bonus structure included in rookie deals and hefty alterations to tag rules - all to try to get these top RBs paid fairly.
Shorter term rookie deals won't do much unless you're a guy like Pacheco who isn't making shit. You can be 23 and entering your prime but teams aren't gonna shell out $15m for a RB anymore. Bonus structures in rookie deals seems like a good possibility but the term "paid fairly" is laughable. In terms of replaceability and impact on the game, Justin Tucker should be making more than every RB for the last decade.

Shorter term rookie deals won't do much unless you're a guy like Pacheco who isn't making shit. You can be 23 and entering your prime but teams aren't gonna shell out $15m for a RB anymore. Bonus structures in rookie deals seems like a good possibility but the term "paid fairly" is laughable. In terms of replaceability and impact on the game, Justin Tucker should be making more than every RB for the last decade.
The term "paid fairly" was used from a RBs perspective in potential CBA negotiations. However, in fairness to RBs from a fan's perspective, it is kinda crazy that feature RBs are struggling to get paid half of what some 3rd WRs are considering feature RBs touch the ball a lot more and therefore endure greater physical strain.

The term "paid fairly" was used from a RBs perspective in potential CBA negotiations. However, in fairness to RBs from a fan's perspective, it is kinda crazy that feature RBs are struggling to get paid half of what some 3rd WRs are considering feature RBs touch the ball a lot more and therefore endure greater physical strain.
Who?

For example, Tyler Boyd is making $10.3M. Our subject RB is making $5.1.
To be fair, Tyler Boyd is a WR2 on all but a very small number of teams and JT is still on his rookie deal coming off of a down year. I'm not sure this is going to be something that strengthens the NFLPA's position.