Julius Irving is no fan of LeBron James

Correct me if I’m wrong, but OP’s lack of basketball knowledge has disqualified him from taking part in online basketball discussions before.
I'll correct you. You are wrong again.

Nonsense.
200.gif

Nobody even knows how to spell Joolius

Every time I see Dr. J mentioned I get this "What could have been?" depression thing going. He was drafted by the Bucks when they already has Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Oscar Robertson. Instead he goes ABA.

:facepalm5:

Every time I see Dr. J mentioned I get this "What could have been?" depression thing going. He was drafted by the Bucks when they already has Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Oscar Robertson. Instead he goes ABA.

It's funny how one thing happening differently can completely change the course of an NBA team. Adding Dr. J to Kareem and Big O would have made that team virtually unbeatable. If that happens, does Kareem leave Milwaukee for the Lakers?

And even before that, when Kareem was drafted, the #1 pick was a coin flip between the Bucks and the Suns. Kareem goes to Milwaukee and the Suns got Neal Walk (who was a good player, but he obviously wasn't Kareem).

He was already playing in the ABA when the Bucks drafted him though, no? I thought the whole thing was that had to wait an extra year to be eligible for the NBA draft while the ABA would let him play "early".

He was already playing in the ABA when the Bucks drafted him though, no? I thought the whole thing was that had to wait an extra year to be eligible for the NBA draft while the ABA would let him play "early".
Yep, but he left the ABA due to a contract dispute and Milwaukee drafted him. If the meantime, the Hawks signed him. The NBA said Milwaukee owned the rights and the Doctor said fuck it and went back to the ABA

Yep, but he left the ABA due to a contract dispute and Milwaukee drafted him. If the meantime, the Hawks signed him. The NBA said Milwaukee owned the rights and the Doctor said fuck it and went back to the ABA

So it sounds like there was kinda always zero chance of him being a Buck then, no? I wouldn't sweat the "couldabeens" in that type of situation :wink:

And TG is old enough to know...