Just bought a new laptop - Asus ZenBook 13.3''

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,167.00
ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16GB LPDDR4X RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD $999

81UaTXhbfHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
202010AM160000008_16028107287135170029572.jpg!t500x500

Pretty excited about it. I've been using my 13'' Macbook pro for over 6 years now and it was starting to bog down. Really happy about the size of this vs. the impressive specs it had. Would have cost me $2000 to get the same thing in another Mac. I'll be able to chat at you ass holes about Michigan football in blazing speeds now.

Only Con I can find about this new laptop is that it requires a dongle to use a 3.5mm headphone (which is comes with). No biggie since I can just leave that attached to my headphones anyway.

How does it feel going from Mac to Windows? I'm just not sure I could do it, man.
My work computers are all windows so I've been in both for a while (mostly post here on one at work lol). I certainly enjoy the Mac OS better, have both an ipad and an iphone but I've been pissed about how they've handled their hardware in the last 5 years. Their Macbook Pros still come with the 10th gen i5's in them, you can't even get an i7 in the 13'' model and unless you're spending $1800-$2000, you're getting a computer with a 8GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD or less. That part is inexcusable. SSD drives and DDR4 are cheap now. It shouldn't cost damn near $600 to upgrade from 8gb of ram and a 256gb SSD to 16gb of ram and a 1TB SSD. And now that they're soldered onto the motherboard, you can't even upgrade them aftermarket (which is how I kept my last one limping along with an upgraded SSD and 8GB of ram I installed later). When I got my last Mac, the starting prices were lower and it made sense why it the price jumped if you wanted an SSD.

And for that, I'm willing to work within the worse OS but have hardware that will last longer technologically speaking.

My work computers are all windows so I've been in both for a while (mostly post here on one at work lol). I certainly enjoy the Mac OS better, have both an ipad and an iphone but I've been pissed about how they've handled their hardware in the last 5 years. Their Macbook Pros still come with the 10th gen i5's in them, you can't even get an i7 in the 13'' model and unless you're spending $1800-$2000, you're getting a computer with a 8GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD or less. That part is inexcusable. SSD drives and DDR4 are cheap now. It shouldn't cost damn near $600 to upgrade from 8gb of ram and a 256gb SSD to 16gb of ram and a 1TB SSD. And now that they're soldered onto the motherboard, you can't even upgrade them aftermarket (which is how I kept my last one limping along with an upgraded SSD and 8GB of ram I installed later). When I got my last Mac, the starting prices were lower and it made sense why it the price jumped if you wanted an SSD.

And for that, I'm willing to work within the worse OS but have hardware that will last longer technologically speaking.
What I was really hoping for the last few years was for Apple to put their normal OS on one of their iPad pro's; now THAT I would buy in an instant. But they're refusing to do the MS Surface thing for some reason. I would love an iPad pro with keyboard that you could toggle between tablet mode and laptop mode. And it would probably work really well within the Mac OS.

Just got it today. So far so good. It's crazy small, like shockingly small. I have a Surface Pro for work and I think it's about that size. Seems like my iPad is thicker in the case than this thing is.