Just Received My New Passport

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 295.00
It took about 6 weeks to get my new passport after applying at the post office. Not bad in this day and age. Good for the usual 10 years. I plan to visit the national parks in Alberta this summer.

They gonna let us in?

It took about 6 weeks to get my new passport after applying at the post office. Not bad in this day and age. Good for the usual 10 years. I plan to visit the national parks in Alberta this summer.
Yeah I had heard horror stories that they weren't printing them, or that kids couldn't get them, or that they were taking forever. But my sons was turned in about 6 weeks without priority rush or anything.

Sure, especially if we're vacccinated. I'm scheduled for mine next week.
Hadn't heard what their plans were. When/how they would start letting us visit. I want to make it up somewhere north... Won't be able to this year, anyway

Hadn't heard what their plans were. When/how they would start letting us visit. I want to make it up somewhere north... Won't be able to this year, anyway

Glad you pointed out the issue. I may not be able to enter, after all.

I went through their questionnaire and said I was traveling for leisure and they answered, you may not enter Canada. Then I changed my answer to I'm only transiting through Canada and they answered, You may be allowed to enter Canada depending on other conditions like employment in Alaska if going north. Maybe I could get a job interview for the one of the oil companies. :yes:

Being vaccinated will help. Being a veteran, I've been fighting for Eskimo and Canadian freedoms all my life. Something's gotta work. I'll find a magazine who would love some high quality photos of Denali. :beer2:

Reactions: Me
Spoke with Lake Louise visitor center person and they said traveling for Canadians, no problem. Border will likely not open up with only 2% of Canadians vaccinated and cases going wild. When it does open they'll be testing at the border and 10-day quarantine followed by testing. I may be forced to wait for next year.

Reactions: Me