Largest Poaching Case in Nebraska History

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Fucking idiots. They should lose their hunting licenses for life.

The hunters came from at least 21 states to the deep-cut canyons and Sand Hills of Nebraska to bag trophies for their walls back home.
More than 100 people from states like New York, Wisconsin, Virginia and Utah paid $2,500 to $7,000 to take aim at big bucks, pronghorn antelopes and turkeys, all with the help of Hidden Hills Outfitters near Broken Bow.
But they weren’t really big game hunters. They were poachers — using bait, spotlights at night and other illegal tactics to guarantee their success.
And now many of them have been convicted of federal crimes or other violations after a major federal and state investigation.

So far, 30 people have pleaded guilty, $570,453 in fines and restitution have been assessed, and 53 years’ worth of hunting and fishing permits have been forfeited. Other cases are still working their way through the system.

Some used rifles during archery season. Others hunted at night and with spotlights. Or lacked a permit. Or shot animals from the road. Or lied about who killed their animal and how it was killed.

To hide their actions from others, hunters sometimes put noise suppressors on their guns.
And they sent their ill-gotten gains home, across state lines.
At least 97 game animals were illegally killed: 30 white-tailed deer, 34 mule deer, six pronghorn antelope and 27 turkeys.

Reactions: Me
Losing their licenses is not enough.

They likely don't gaf about licensing anyway.

Lame shit.

Thou shalt not kill the King's deer.

Thou shalt not kill the King's deer.
I get this, but I will say, at least hunting and fishing licenses go mostly to conservation.

Compared to other licenses, H&L at least attempts to not be corrupt af.

The hunters came from at least 21 states to the deep-cut canyons and Sand Hills of Nebraska to bag trophies for their walls back home.
More than 100 people from states like New York, Wisconsin, Virginia and Utah paid $2,500 to $7,000 to take aim at big bucks, pronghorn antelopes and turkeys, all with the help of Hidden Hills Outfitters near Broken Bow.
But they weren’t really big game hunters. They were poachers — using bait, spotlights at night and other illegal tactics to guarantee their success.
And now many of them have been convicted of federal crimes or other violations after a major federal and state investigation.

So far, 30 people have pleaded guilty, $570,453 in fines and restitution have been assessed, and 53 years’ worth of hunting and fishing permits have been forfeited. Other cases are still working their way through the system.

Some used rifles during archery season. Others hunted at night and with spotlights. Or lacked a permit. Or shot animals from the road. Or lied about who killed their animal and how it was killed.

To hide their actions from others, hunters sometimes put noise suppressors on their guns.
At least 97 game animals were illegally killed: 30 white-tailed deer, 34 mule deer, six pronghorn antelope and 27 turkeys.
i thought trump made poaching legal?

if not im shocked he didnt.

i mean, we can shoot hibernating bears now.

No true "hunter" would take part in this.

Fuckin bahstids

Are there badgers in Nebraska?

i thought trump made poaching legal?

if not im shocked he didnt.

i mean, we can shoot hibernating bears now.
Just fucking shut up, stupid.
dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

No true "hunter" would take part in this.

Fuckin bahstids
True dat. These trophy hunter/poaching assholes are dogshit and they should be slathered in bacon grease and dropped off deep in the woods where large man eating mammals live. Fuck em.

The trophy hunters have always confused me. You can’t eat antlers, and personally, I’d rather kill a spike to get it out of the gene pool, and the meat is generally better than a trophy buck.

I think the men who paid to be in on the hunts should be heavily fined, but the dudes who organized it should the lose their licenses for life.