Lawn Care Advice Thread

When guests come over sure.
When it's 100 degrees in August; I'm getting in the house as soon as possible.

I hear that! If I do decide to build or buy one, it shouldn't add any more time to the mow itself. It should decrease my time since i now go back over everything with the deck lowered to help push the blades down

As for doing it every mow, I'll probably keep it off since it doesn't "help" the grass and could hurt it from prolonged use in the same direction. While I adjust my mowing pattern 45 degrees every mow in a clockwise direction, I don't see it being an issue, but like some put down an extra shot of iron the week before company comes over, it could help stand out.

Essentially, I'm not going to spend $400+ on a pre-built kit, so I may take a trip to Lowe's this summer once exams are over and cobble together something DIY for a lot cheaper.

I'll report back if I go that route and would plan to take pictures of the build and results to compare with just the deck lowered during the fall, as the summer heat may affect results.

I'm also dealing with some brown patch in my backyard. The back yard was overseeded primarily fescue because bermuda from my neighbors "salad bowl" was encroaching and fescue stands up better to the chemicals that will suppress bermuda versus KBG or rye.

However, fescue is also susceptible to brown patch, which is always present in the soil if you've ever had it before. I didn't put down a preventative fungicide soon enough, as temps and humidity didn't call for it at the time, but that hit hard with a few days a 80s and humidity last week. I put down the curative rate of Scotts disease ex in the back yard a few days ago and preventative rate in the front yard, which wasn't affected yet. Hopefully, it'll stop the progression and I'll follow up with propiconazole next month, to switch up fungicides, to prevent other fungus issues or in 2 weeks if the Scotts (Azoxystrobin) doesn't stop the spread.

I hear that! If I do decide to build or buy one, it shouldn't add any more time to the mow itself. It should decrease my time since i now go back over everything with the deck lowered to help push the blades down

As for doing it every mow, I'll probably keep it off since it doesn't "help" the grass and could hurt it from prolonged use in the same direction. While I adjust my mowing pattern 45 degrees every mow in a clockwise direction, I don't see it being an issue, but like some put down an extra shot of iron the week before company comes over, it could help stand out.

Essentially, I'm not going to spend $400+ on a pre-built kit, so I may take a trip to Lowe's this summer once exams are over and cobble together something DIY for a lot cheaper.

I'll report back if I go that route and would plan to take pictures of the build and results to compare with just the deck lowered during the fall, as the summer heat may affect results.
Never had thought about a stripe kit, so didn't know anything about them.
did a search and found some expensive options and a homemade option here.
1684429059943.png

Never had thought about a stripe kit, so didn't know anything about them.
did a search and found some expensive options and a homemade option here.
View attachment 101461

The pvc filled with sand is my plan, but I need to have an armature that will allow me to back up without the roller getting underneath the wheels.

The pvc filled with sand is my plan, but I need to have an armature that will allow me to back up without the roller getting underneath the wheels.
I was wondering about that.

Shouldn't be that hard to put together.

I was wondering about that.

Shouldn't be that hard to put together.

It shouldn't be, but there are many options/ thoughts available, so it's more a matter of having the time to see what's available locally. Hoping for that time soon.

It shouldn't be, but there are many options/ thoughts available, so it's more a matter of having the time to see what's available locally. Hoping for that time soon.
Do you have a lawn Tractor or a ZTR