Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Chip Kelly (UCLA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dan Lanning (Oregon)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Crunchy raw (cause it's only half done) potato salad

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Lincoln Riley should get some COY love...USC was 4-8 last year.
Yeah but he's at USC, he's simply meeting expectations right now

Having transfer rules change so a top 5 QB and WR can come play immediately isn't a bad deal

Steve Sarkisian should be on this list.. he kicked half the team from last year off.. started 2 true freshmen along the OL. Took a portal QB that people were calling Tate Martell and has been undefeated with him in the lineup..

oh yeah, 49-0
View attachment 88997

He should definitely be 10 spots ahead of Lanning....he didn't give up 49 points to the team he was the defensive coordinator for the year before.

Yeah but he's at USC, he's simply meeting expectations right now

Having transfer rules change so a top 5 QB and WR can come play immediately isn't a bad deal

So, if a program that historically has high expectations comes off a down period and is returned to those expectations, the coach who's responsible for it can't be COY?

I must have forgot that only USC was allowed to use the portal.

Guys what are we even debating? The Kansas turnaround is truly remarkable

View attachment 89112
I would like to see the truly excellent coaches considered for this award, not the coach of the most improved team. Team excellence and consistency should be the driving force.

Tier One:
1. Kirby Smart
2. Ryan Day

Tier Two:
3. Josh Heupel (most improved team - maybe a contender)
4. Nick Saban (so good for so long)
5. Dabo Swinney (team looks vulnerable)
6. Jim Harbaugh (too easy of a schedule - so far)

So, if a program that historically has high expectations comes off a down period and is returned to those expectations, the coach who's responsible for it can't be COY?

I must have forgot that only USC was allowed to use the portal.
Nope

nope

Didn’t say either of those things. He’s winning games he should and most team would have success getting those players. That’s why he isn’t being talked about for COY

Nope

nope

Didn’t say either of those things. He’s winning games he should and most team would have success getting those players. That’s why he isn’t being talked about for COY

At the least, you implied it and then you implied it again in this post.

Are those other coaches all using players that suck?

Lane Kiffin is on the list, he coached the same team last year and went 10-3. Ole Miss was #1 in the transfer portal until USC passed them at the end. Their 5 star QB is a USC transfer that they got out of the portal. Are they not winning games they should?

I would like to see the truly excellent coaches considered for this award, not the coach of the most improved team. Team excellence and consistency should be the driving force.

Tier One:
1. Kirby Smart
2. Ryan Day

Tier Two:

If you want to reward consistency and excellence and Nick Saban is tier two, you're doing it wrong.

Tier One:
1. Kirby Smart
2. Ryan Day

Tier Two:

I disagree. It's a lot harder for Josh Heupel to turn Tennessee around than it is for Nick Saban to maintain the status quo that he has established at Alabama.

I disagree. It's a lot harder for Josh Heupel to turn Tennessee around than it is for Nick Saban to maintain the status quo that he has established at Alabama.
To maintain the level that Nick Saban has set is legendary. I wish it were Jim Harbaugh, but that is not the truth.

To maintain the level that Nick Saban has set is legendary. I wish it were Jim Harbaugh, but that is not the truth.

It's legendary because he has stayed a long time when most would have gone to the NFL.

During the Pete Carroll era, there was a local writer who used to say that USC wasn't so much recruiting as just picking who they wanted. That's where Saban and Bama have been for quite a while now.

That's not to say they don't have to work, they do.

It's just a whoooooole lot easier to convince a kid that Bama is the best place for him than it was his first few seasons.

I believe he’s removed his name from the list.
Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

After today there needs to be more votes for Dan Lanning. Wow.

Sonny Dykes is getting it done at TC freaking U.