LIV Soccer

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I see today Benzema leaving Real Madrid for Saudi Arabia for $400 million. How long before younger players like Haaland or Mbappe leave for that kind of money? I am sure there are a few mercanaries in the young stars mixed in with those who believe in tradition.

Maybe Spurs can offload Kane and Sonny for a few hundred mill each

1686073021710.png

This is the guy behind it I bet.

I really don't see anyone like Haaland or Mbappe going there during their prime. It's always guys getting one last big score once there actual competitive career is done. (Ronaldo, Xavi, etc etc).

I for one am glad Zlatan had the self respect to never go there and just retired.

I really don't see anyone like Haaland or Mbappe going there during their prime. It's always guys getting one last big score once there actual competitive career is done. (Ronaldo, Xavi, etc etc).

I for one am glad Zlatan had the self respect to never go there and just retired.
Zlatan did his pentance in mls... no?

Zlatan did his pentance in mls... no?
His time in MLS was a bit different than say Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard in that it was basically a retirement for them. Whereas Zlatan, although he did get paid very well, I think was trying to "up his brand" etc ala Beckham, and it didn't really work, at least not to the extent of Beckham, but he went back to Europe and still starred for AC Milan. And just retired a few days ago, it was actually pretty cool when they announced it at the San Siro.

Looks like Kante is going.,,

How soon before the Saudi League combines with MLS? Honestly, I think if the Saudis started doing this with the NHL, Bettman would probably do it.

I was hoping for Messi to Miami though. But Miami can't even figure their stadium out, so who the fuck knows.

How soon before the Saudi League combines with MLS? Honestly, I think if the Saudis started doing this with the NHL, Bettman would probably do it.

I was hoping for Messi to Miami though. But Miami can't even figure their stadium out, so who the fuck knows.
Combining with MLS. Interesting take, you never know.

Hearing Messi more likely going back to Barcelona for 1 season then maybe MLS. He and his father at their headquarters this week, so something is up. Messi can probably play until he is 45 with his style. He was pretty poor overall at PSG but that is a "team" of mercenaries that never had a chance.

Miami needs to figure their roster too and coaching situation long term. Miami something like 38 wins in 100+ games, not what was expected. Tata Martino might be the perfect coach for Miami that ould lure Messi. I still think at some point he will end up there. We'll see.

Combining with MLS. Interesting take, you never know.

Hearing Messi more likely going back to Barcelona for 1 season then maybe MLS. He and his father at their headquarters this week, so something is up. Messi can probably play until he is 45 with his style. He was pretty poor overall at PSG but that is a "team" of mercenaries that never had a chance.

Miami needs to figure their roster too and coaching situation long term. Miami something like 38 wins in 100+ games, not what was expected. Tata Martino might be the perfect coach for Miami that ould lure Messi. I still think at some point he will end up there. We'll see.
I think so too. He owns a home there and reportedly him and his wife love Miami and spend a lot of time there. Plus he has a huge deal with Hard Rock, and their HQ is in Miami.

I think so too. He owns a home there and reportedly him and his wife love Miami and spend a lot of time there. Plus he has a huge deal with Hard Rock, and their HQ is in Miami.
What is this just reported? It is ESPN but...

What is this just reported? It is ESPN but...

It's was reported by BBC and The Guardian before that, so maybe something to it? But I won't believe it until I see something from him or from Inter Miami.

It's was reported by BBC and The Guardian before that, so maybe something to it? But I won't believe it until I see something from him or from Inter Miami.
It is official now.

Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Next group heading to LIV soccer. Good riddance. I believe in tradition. Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, Serie A ... no matter what the rosters are. They can leave, but I will never watch Saudi (MBS) Arabia soccer..even if there is a Bayern Riyadh. Same as the Super League last year.

1686273785818.png

New LIV option. Buy disgruntled younger players who aren't getting playing time. Might actually be good as might eliminate the hording of players like Man City does to maintain depth:

The likes of the MBS, the City Group, and Red Bull are ruining sports.