Looking at 20v Miter Saw

Fog

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 17,000.00
R.5b96ee65d9c42b5415e18b25fd717ec5

Anyone got one of these and how do you like it?

I'm going to replace my windows and want to trim them out with oak and I think this tool would be great.

I have other 20v Dewalt tools and they work great for small projects.

Model DCS361B

I'm going to replace my windows and want to trim them out with oak and I think this tool would be great.

Model DCS361B
I'll get something like that when my fathering law passes. I can wait. I don't do enough wood working to need something like that. And when I do, I go to my father in laws house and do it there. I'm kind of spoiled that he has a bad ass wood shop.

The battery operated tools are so fucking good now. I still won't buy anything but Milwaukee. From now on. That's it. Used to only buy Dewalt, and have gotten rid of all of it.

I'm cutting my flooring on a 25 year old Craftsman table saw.
I might have to rip some boards to the correct width and my dad has a Delta table saw.....

Dewalt has sweet portable table saw but is spendy.

I wish I had a table saw.

I might have to rip some boards to the correct width and my dad has a Delta table saw.....

Dewalt has sweet portable table saw but is spendy.

I wish I had a table saw.

Go to the tool bin at your local pawnshop. Sometimes you can find a good brand name saw for very cheap.

Yeah, I would have zero problem buying a 20 V or more battery operated anything. I have some tools that I use on a daily basis such as my impact screwdriver, cordless drill, a reciprocating saw And a circular saw. All of it is Dewalt and I love the fact the batteries will swap from one tool too another.
But a couple of things to remember to get some longevity out of the batteries. If it’s gonna be really cold bring your tools inside. It’s gonna be really hot bring your tools inside. Don’t leave the batteries and direct summertime sunlight especially in very hot climates. The batteries are expensive and they will get damaged in extreme hot and cold. I said yes because a lot of my battery operated till stay in my pick up truck during the day and night. I bring a lot of my items inside at night

The battery operated tools are so fucking good now. I still won't buy anything but Milwaukee. From now on. That's it. Used to only buy Dewalt, and have gotten rid of all of it.
Friggin tool snob! I have all the lesser brand Ryobi cordless power tools - drill, impact driver, recip saw, circular saw, plus a few more and for the last 2 years, these tools have performed flawless for me. Now if I was a real contractor that used tools daily, I also would go with pro quality tools. Ryobi is more weekend warrior type tools, great for the typical home owner.

I have two corded drills that I have NOT touched since I bought my cordless package.

Friggin tool snob! I have all the lesser brand Ryobi cordless power tools - drill, impact driver, recip saw, circular saw, plus a few more and for the last 2 years, these tools have performed flawless for me. Now if I was a real contractor that used tools daily, I also would go with pro quality tools. Ryobi is more weekend warrior type tools, great for the typical home owner.

I have two corded drills that I have NOT touched since I bought my cordless package.
They're fine, but every ryobi battery I ever had went to shit in a year.

Model DCS361B

I've been looking at the Dewalt 60v string trimmer. I noticed it has a battery that fits the 60v products, and it also fits the old 20v products, so I looked at Home Depot website and saw this.....

Dewalt 120v Chop Saw
Uses 2 of the 60v at the same time.

I'm thinking that if I get some of those other items, why not all Dewalt 60v. They would all run on the same power supply.
It seems like that's where the market is going.

But it looks like Dewalt is keeping their 20v customers in mind, with this 60v/20v flex battery, so hopefully they give you support for years to come.
Because it looks like the 20v line is the old stuff and I'm not sure it's going to be around that much longer.
That's just a feeling on my part, nothing I have read or anything.

1648934649042.png

Reactions: Fog
I've been looking at the Dewalt 60v string trimmer. I noticed it has a battery that fits the 60v products, and it also fits the old 20v products, so I looked at Home Depot website and saw this.....

Dewalt 120v Chop Saw

I'm thinking that if I get some of those other items, why not all Dewalt 60v. They would all run on the same power supply.

But it looks like Dewalt is keeping their 20v customers in mind, with this 60v/20v flex battery, so hopefully they give you support for years to come.
Because it looks like the 20v line is the old stuff and I'm not sure it's going to be around that much longer.

View attachment 66927
I found this:

Dewalt 20v and 60v Trimmer: Verdict

When you need something to manage a lot of power and run cool, a 60V is a better option. These battery packs can power a 60V tool and a 20V tool or link two together to power a 120V tool.

With the higher voltage, you will have more flexibility. With DeWalt cordless tools, you can’t go wrong.

Aside from that, a 60V trimmer is far more potent than a 20V trimmer, yet a 60V trimmer will last less time with the same battery: shorter run time = more power. Get a 60V one if you require a lot of power.

If you need a little extra power and a longer run time, 20V is the way to go. On another account, the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR portfolio.

I have a 20V trimmer and it does fine for my small yard but tends to overheat the battery and I have to let it cool off before it will start recharging. I've learned to put it in my freezer for 20- 30 minutes and it will start charging again. The downside of having only one battery.

I'm wondering if one had the 60V that it would run cooler like it says in the review to where one could charge it sooner and wouldn't have to let the battery cool off.

I like that Dewalt has these flex volt batteries and are interchangeable with their cordless lineup. I think 20V won't be going away anytime soon as it seems like a good DYI platform, whereas the PRO wants more power and the idea that you can have a 120 volt tool that is both do a cord and cordless is completely awesome.

It seems the biggest cost of these cordless tools are the batteries and the tools will out last the batteries in most cases, why make the tool obsolete with changing up batteries to 24 volt or 30 volt, when 20 volt seems to be working fine.

I like the idea of a 120V that can be corded and cordless.....that's so cool

Amazing that they can. battery power those. As a half-assed hobbyist I wouldn't have a need for battery power. If I take the time to make cuts, I'm making a ton of them and just can plug in. But if I used it more I'd go dewalt most likely. I'm a Milwaukee man myself, but the wood crafting tool by Dewalt are unmatched. Milwaukee for me is better for mechanical shop work.

Dewalt 120v Chop Saw

View attachment 66927
I love the Stihl battery line. I have not researched to see if they are their own or just branded Stihl of other manufacturers. Stihl usually doesn't do that, but does that for others.

Amazing that they can. battery power those. As a half-assed hobbyist I wouldn't have a need for battery power. If I take the time to make cuts, I'm making a ton of them and just can plug in. But if I used it more I'd go dewalt most likely. I'm a Milwaukee man myself, but the wood crafting tool by Dewalt are unmatched. Milwaukee for me is better for mechanical shop work.
One of the shops I sell to, the lead tech changed over to all Milwaukee tools for his service truck. After he tried a 1/2 impact from Milwaukee he's ditching all his other cordless tools and going solely Milwaukee and their M18 FUEL line.

The idea that these cordless tools now have as much torque as air tools why not convert all shop tools to cordless. For my buddy being out in the field and not having to drag a air hose round and gas powered air compressor allowed him to have more room for other tools as well.

495-2767-20.jpg

One of the shops I sell to, the lead tech changed over to all Milwaukee tools for his service truck. After he tried a 1/2 impact from Milwaukee he's ditching all his other cordless tools and going solely Milwaukee and their M18 FUEL line.

The idea that these cordless tools now have as much torque as air tools why not convert all shop tools to cordless. For my buddy being out in the field and not having to drag a air hose round and gas powered air compressor allowed him to have more room for other tools as well.

495-2767-20.jpg
I love not having to pump up my compressor. I have an 80' hose spool, and almost never use it anymore.