Looking for A Good Game, Suggestions Appreciated

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 876.00
I want to dive into a new game. I prefer Playstation and PC games.

Don't want another fast paced shooter or a button masher. I just finished The Last of Us and it was great.

I like open world games, but it's not a must.

What you got?

Don't want another fast paced shooter or a button masher. I just finished The Last of Us and it was great.

What you got?
Do you have friends you play online with regularly or do you prefer solo?

Split gate is arena.
Tarkov is a FPS masquerading like a mmorpg.
PUBG still has sweats and diehards; same with Fortnite.
Many are liking COD Vanguard...more arena multi-spawn stuff.

Split gate is arena.
Tarkov is a FPS masquerading like a mmorpg.
PUBG still has sweats and diehards; same with Fortnite.
Many are liking COD Vanguard...more arena multi-spawn stuff.
Vanguard is not released (it is still in technical preview/beta)

He needs to figure out if he is looking for something like The Elder Scrolls Online (MMORPG) or Skyrim (RPG) and from the lack of mention of multiplayer id say he probably doesnt want the massive multiplayer type game though many people do enjoy both (Skyrim being an Elder Scrolls game)

Not regularly, but sometimes.

I guess I prefer solo more.
Not sure if you've played any of the Far Cry series, but Far Cry 6 is being released October 7th. If you haven't, check out Far Cry 3, 4 or 5 first (all available on PS4). They're solo open world tactical first person shooter RPGs with good story lines.

I can't fully remember if 3 does, but 4 & 5 have a companion that can help you in your missions and an online buddy can drop into your game and control your companion. (I wish Skyrim would've done that.)

Vanguard is not released (it is still in technical preview/beta)

He needs to figure out if he is looking for something like The Elder Scrolls Online (MMORPG) or Skyrim (RPG) and from the lack of mention of multiplayer id say he probably doesnt want the massive multiplayer type game though many people do enjoy both (Skyrim being an Elder Scrolls game)

I'm kinda tired of MMOs right now. Skyrim is one of my all-time favorite games, but I've played it to death.

Not sure if you've played any of the Far Cry series, but Far Cry 6 is being released October 7th. If you haven't, check out Far Cry 3, 4 or 5 first (all available on PS4). They're solo open world tactical first person shooter RPGs with good story lines.

I can't fully remember if 3 does, but 4 & 5 have a companion that can help you in your missions and an online buddy can drop into your game and control your companion. (I wish Skyrim would've done that.)

I finished up Far Cry 5 a few months ago. It was the first one I played and it was great. I have 4 for PS4, but I need a keyboard and mouse for those types of games. I'm not coordinated enough to use controllers for shooters. lol

What you got?
Never cared about the GTA line, but enjoying GTA online.
I like co-op games mostly, sniper types. Still trying to find anything comparable to the PS2 SOCOM's.
Loved the hell out of the Snipers Elite games. Borderlands are great as well, the first was still the best.

Never cared about the GTA line, but enjoying GTA online.
I like co-op games mostly, sniper types. Still trying to find anything comparable to the PS2 SOCOM's.
Loved the hell out of the Snipers Elite games. Borderlands are great as well, the first was still the best.

I played the shit out of all of the Borderlands, but I do have some Sniper games in my Steam library that I've never tried.

I played the shit out of all of the Borderlands, but I do have some Sniper games in my Steam library that I've never tried.
Borderlands and Destiny are fun. But the latest BL and both Destiny's are grinders and that got old fast. Let me go look in a bit at the sniper games I've got for PS4.

Oh yeah, the Ghost Recon line are pretty good. We REALLY like Wildlands. Breakpoint is fun but not as much fun. It is most helpful if you have a buddy you can play co-op with. It supports up to 4 I think.

I'm kinda tired of MMOs right now. Skyrim is one of my all-time favorite games, but I've played it to death.
You like sand box kinda games? No man's sky is fun if you like that style

Borderlands and Destiny are fun. But the latest BL and both Destiny's are grinders and that got old fast. Let me go look in a bit at the sniper games I've got for PS4.

The campaign in Destiny 2 is very fun. But as you said, after that the game is a total grind.

I have these Sniper games in my library and have never played any of them.
1632943138869.png

You like sand box kinda games? No man's sky is fun if you like that style

No Man's Sky is pretty cool. I played it for a while and got confused. lol I'll get back around to giving it another shot.

The campaign in Destiny 2 is very fun. But as you said, after that the game is a total grind.

I have these Sniper games in my library and have never played any of them.
View attachment 43696
start with the first sniper elite. Try as you go through to get all the challenges, like shooting the wine bottles. Makes it pretty interesting.

start with the first sniper elite. Try as you go through to get all the challenges, like shooting the wine bottles. Makes it pretty interesting.

Cool. Gonna download it now.

Cool. Gonna download it now.
as for the Ghost Recon series, wildlands is probably only a few bucks on amazon if you don't mind discs. It's been out a long time, so if you hate it not much harm :)

Oh yeah, the Ghost Recon line are pretty good.
Holy shit they still make those games? I remember playing it at a friend's like 20 years ago and completely forgot about it. Fun game.

GTA V is good as previously mentioned. If you've never or rarely played online there's a TON of shit to do. But if you're like me and been on it since it came out you've kinda run out of new shit.

This thread makes me realize how far I've fallen off when it comes to new games. Mostly MLB The Show or playing Star Wars Battlefront II/GTA with my old roommate on Live (or better yet some 90s/200s Nintendo games) so following along for some ideas.

Probably not fitting the criteria but if you like sports games I'd recommend The Show. I've heard the newest PGA game is pretty fun too, an old co-worker of mine who couldn't care less about golf said he wasted hours of drunk fun playing it.