Looking for A Good Game, Suggestions Appreciated

No Man's Sky is pretty cool. I played it for a while and got confused. lol I'll get back around to giving it another shot.
i like sandbox, but no man's sky kinda put me off after a few days of not really figuring anything out.

you ever play Witcher 3?

GTA V is good as previously mentioned. If you've never or rarely played online there's a TON of shit to do. But if you're like me and been on it since it came out you've kinda run out of new shit.

This thread makes me realize how far I've fallen off when it comes to new games. Mostly MLB The Show or playing Star Wars Battlefront II/GTA with my old roommate on Live (or better yet some 90s/200s Nintendo games) so following along for some ideas.

Probably not fitting the criteria but if you like sports games I'd recommend The Show. I've heard the newest PGA game is pretty fun too, an old co-worker of mine who couldn't care less about golf said he wasted hours of drunk fun playing it.

For some reason when I play The Show, my controllers break.

You mean 2021 golf? That game is great... once you figure out how to turn off the fucking cut scenes.

i like sandbox, but no man's sky kinda put me off after a few days of not really figuring anything out.

you ever play Witcher 3?

Yep, Witcher 3 was a really cool game. Although the controls pissed me off sometimes.

No Man's Sky is pretty cool. I played it for a while and got confused. lol I'll get back around to giving it another shot.
Not sure if multiplayer is a deal breaker, it is a bit slower paced and i played the shit out of it for a while and its actually enjoyable especially end game but World of Tanks (free to play) is actually entertaining

Fallout 4 - basically Skyrim but in a post apolacyptic nuclear war scenario,

Highly recommend. In fact Fallout 3, Nuke Vegas, on up to Fallout 4 are great, excellent games.

Stay away from Fallout 76 online version, it sucks dong.

Will also recommend Pirates! updated version from the early 2000s, great for kids also. If you loved the one from the 1980s, gotta go with this.

Stay away from Fallout 76 online version, it sucks dong.
Fallout 76 has been massively improved since it's initial release of 'complete trash'. The wife and I both have PS4s and play games together after dinner most evenings to cooperatively wind down. We bought it on sale for like $10 long after its release - figuring "hell, if it sucks like everyone says it does we're only out the cost of a shitty fast food combo". It turned out to be well worth the $10 to us... we've since played it enough to be ranked beyond level 300.

Note, though, that it's a game my wife and I cooperatively play together and THAT is one of the key reasons we've played it so much. If I was playing without regular buddies I likely would've moved on to something else rather quickly.

Fallout 76 has been massively improved since it's initial release of 'complete trash'. The wife and I both have PS4s and play games together after dinner most evenings to cooperatively wind down. We bought it on sale for like $10 long after its release - figuring "hell, if it sucks like everyone says it does we're only out the cost of a shitty fast food combo". It turned out to be well worth the $10 to us... we've since played it enough to be ranked beyond level 300.

Note, though, that it's a game my wife and I cooperatively play together and THAT is one of the key reasons we've played it so much. If I was playing without regular buddies I likely would've moved on to something else rather quickly.
Yeah I tried it at release and it was pretty bad so maybe improved since then.

Yeah I tried it at release and it was pretty bad so maybe improved since then.
A gaming buddy we played GTA Online with us regularly got FO76 at release and was appalled at how bad it was. Fast forward, when he saw the wife and me playing it one evening, he joined us just to see why we were spending so much time on the game and couldn't believe how much better it was than at launch. He's regularly joined us since.

Now I'm not saying it's a game everyone should jump onto because it's some amazing thing, but if you like the Fallout series and like (mostly) cooperative gameplay, it's a solid option now. One thing I like better about FO76 than GTAO is that griefing is kinda encouraged in GTAO and it's mostly discouraged in FO76.

I want to dive into a new game. I prefer Playstation and PC games.

Don't want another fast paced shooter or a button masher. I just finished The Last of Us and it was great.

I like open world games, but it's not a must.

What you got?
Have you played through Red Dead Redemption 2?

Was on my "to play" list for a while after it came out and was so bored with Warzone a couple months back that I picked it up. It's a fantastic game. Love the open world and lets you kind of pace the game the way you want to. I think I'm about 70% through the story after a few months of playing it. Just really really good so far. I've really enjoyed the story but I've also liked how it's not one of those games where every mission or task seems like a re-do of one before it. It's not a grind to play. Really cool mechanics of everything, really fun riding the horses everywhere. I really like the way they added a morality meter in it so as you do things it effects if you're a good or bad person, and then the missions and people react to that.

There's also an online play, and that's what I see most people referencing online now days, but I have no idea what it's about. I'm waiting to finish the game to see if I want to jump into that. But I'll probably jump to Battlefield 2042 as soon as that comes out.

Have you played through Red Dead Redemption 2?

Was on my "to play" list for a while after it came out and was so bored with Warzone a couple months back that I picked it up. It's a fantastic game. Love the open world and lets you kind of pace the game the way you want to. I think I'm about 70% through the story after a few months of playing it. Just really really good so far. I've really enjoyed the story but I've also liked how it's not one of those games where every mission or task seems like a re-do of one before it. It's not a grind to play. Really cool mechanics of everything, really fun riding the horses everywhere. I really like the way they added a morality meter in it so as you do things it effects if you're a good or bad person, and then the missions and people react to that.

There's also an online play, and that's what I see most people referencing online now days, but I have no idea what it's about. I'm waiting to finish the game to see if I want to jump into that. But I'll probably jump to Battlefield 2042 as soon as that comes out.
I need to go back to RDR2. my buddy and I got it at launch and it was fun, but got tired of the dickheads sitting in town just waiting for you to come in and sell your animals and as you approach the vendor you get sniped or lasso'd. So I said fuck it and never put the disc back in. if they figured out how to let you play the game without having to first get trolled 3x before you can force to passive mode I might be interested.

I need to go back to RDR2. my buddy and I got it at launch and it was fun, but got tired of the dickheads sitting in town just waiting for you to come in and sell your animals and as you approach the vendor you get sniped or lasso'd. So I said fuck it and never put the disc back in. if they figured out how to let you play the game without having to first get trolled 3x before you can force to passive mode I might be interested.
From what I've seen of the online play, that still seems to be primarily what people do on there.

Stellaris. The best way to waste an entire day in front of a computer as you march inexorably toward Galactic Domination, or more likely Thralldom under an oppressive regime.

From what I've seen of the online play, that still seems to be primarily what people do on there.
Confirmed. When I jumped online for really the first time, tried to ride to a town and was immediately killed by some douches sitting on a hill with rifles. So that's the end of that I guess.

I just bought Skyrim. I know, I'm late to the party, but I have never been big on magic and sword games, but I am giving this a go because I like Fallout.

I wish Bethesda would team up with Rockstar. Let Bethesda make the mechanics and story and let Rockstar make the graphics and world. That sounds amazing.